Mama Diaries

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Messed Up GPS

I took my son into Super Walmart today to get a new fishing reel.  That boy has been fishing so much, that he busted his old one.

We walked in, and I took the main aisle to the right - not my usual route.

"Mama," my son said. "You're not going the right way."

"Sure I am," I said.

"No.  You're supposed to go straight, and then take a right."

"I can go this way," I reassured him.

"Mama, I think your GPS is broken."

"Nothing wrong with my GPS," I said as I kept walking.

He made a face and followed. I meandered through the aisles, purposely making the journey seem as complicated as possible. Finally we arrived at the sporting goods section.  The fishing poles rose victoriously into the air, announcing our arrival.

"See, I told you we'd get here."

"Yeah, but I still think your GPS is seriously messed up!"

7 comments:

  1. hahaha at least you didn't make a computer voice that said you missed the turn and such

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Those things are pretty annoying, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The thing is, my GPS usually is totally messed up. I have a terrible sense of direction.

      Delete
  3. LOL. My husband and son claim that I can get lost heading to the bathroom, so my GPS must be totally busted.
    : )

    Your son says the cutest things!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. *LOL* Funny how he calls it a GPS! I have a bad sense of direction too. It's amazing how young kids learn a particular way to get to a certain place.

    ReplyDelete