Mama Diaries

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite

"Mama," my eight-year-old son said.  "I'm going to go fly a kite."

"I thought your kite fell apart last year and ended up getting tossed," I replied.

"It did.  I'm going to make a new one."

Okay.  I knew this was going to be interesting.

It was indeed interesting.  I went out to the garage about fifteen minutes later and discovered my son playing with his fishing rod.  At the end of the line was a paper dangled from the hook.

"Do you like my new kite?"

I looked at that thing.  "Does it fly?"

"Yeah, watch."

We went out into the wind.  The paper blew into the air and whipped around, just like a kite.

Impressive!  

22 comments:

  1. One thing that bubba definitely has, is logic! Plus he is very innovative. Great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!

    My hubs flew kites as a little boy and still loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to watch Mary Poppins now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss having a little boy who likes to invent things. Mine is grown. He is a computer science major and writes software. I guess that is inventing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome. Little boys are great. My grandson is two and he loves flying kites. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two is such a sweet age! And yes, little boys are great!

      Delete
  6. It's great that he can make himself happy without begging you to spend money. And now the song from Mary Poppins is running through my mind.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for him! He is inventive for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn song is in my head too haha kites can be fun, sounds like he made a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. It's a payback for all the songs you stuck in my head!

      Delete
  9. That's awesome. We had fancy, expensive kites at the beach this summer and couldn't get one up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how the simple things seem to work better!

      Delete