Mama Diaries

Friday, September 14, 2012

Milk Mustache

I think I found a new milk mustache model.  "Who is it?" you ask.  It's none other than Schultz, our big furry German Shepherd! 

My daughter was eating dinner, and moving way too fast.  I've never seen anyone eat dinner, talk with her hands, and dance with her feet all at the same time.  But that's what she does. Usually we don't have any incidents as a result of this bizarre behavior.  Today, however, her luck ran out.  My daughter knocked over a full glass of milk.  It spilled all over the table and dripped on to the floor.

Schultz was right there to save the day.  He flicked out his big pink tongue and licked it off the table.  Then he took care of the floor.  When he was done, he had a nice white milk mustache on his black snoot.

"Good boy, Schultz!" my daughter said. 

He cocked his head and wagged his tail.

I'm just hoping he's not lactose intolerant, because if he is, the mess he's going to make will be a lot worse than the spilt milk!   

13 comments:

  1. haha oh the runs that could come about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. But I don't want to be around if it happens!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good candidate for a "Got Milk" commercial(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you written a book about Schultz? If you haven't, you should. What a great character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I just started. I'm thinking a picture book with his escapades would be funny.

      Delete
  4. And THAT'S why having pets is a good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Never mind that he's destroyed half of our stuff!

      Delete
  5. Should have gotten a photo! Schultz could have been a star!That is a good idea about you writing a book about Schultz. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had taken a picture. I'm working on a book about Schultz.

      Delete
  6. A book about Schultz? How cool! He definitely gives you a lot of story ideas. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs are the best when it comes to cleaning up a spill.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hoping Schultz turned out to be able to handle his milk. That is one thing I've always had bad luck with and that is finding animals who are also vacuum cleaners and mops. Cats are horrible at that, but the kittens do get things out from under the fridge and bat them around the kitchen floor. Too bad it's usually bits of glass from something that broke and shattered last year.

    ReplyDelete