Mama Diaries

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Old Cheese

Before I tell my story, I have to take care of some unfinished business.  A couple of you asked to see a picture of Evelyn, our new pet tree.  Here she is:


Isn't she pretty?



Now for the story.  This morning, I took our big German Shepherd, Schultz, for a walk.  He likes to sniff around and munch on whatever he may find.  This usually does not amount to much.  Today, however, was a different story.   His big old snoot landed on a pile of white stuff.  Apparently he thought it smelled pretty good because he started munching.

"Schultz, drop it," I said. 

He didn't listen.  He kept munching. 

I listened to the crunching sounds as he chewed whatever he had found.  I couldn't imagine what on earth it was.

Finally, I pulled Schultz away from the pile and inspected it.  Do you know what it was?  Dried string cheese.  Disgusting!

I don't know how he managed to eat that stuff without vomitting, but let me just say, I'm kind of nervous about what's going to come out the other end!         

21 comments:

  1. Just make sure all know what comes out isn't snow haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that Schultz doesn't get sick.

    Cute tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evelyn is cute... and she doesn't require lots of time-consuming work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Evelyn is beautiful. :)

    Yuck about the cheese. Dogs eat so many gross things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand dog noses. The things I think smell good, he thinks stinks, and the things I think stink, he thinks smells great.

      Delete
  5. I must say, Evelyn is beautiful.
    Hope you don't have white carpet. :)
    Thanks for my chuckle of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't have a white carpet. This is good - can you imagine how awful it would look with Schultz?

      Delete
  6. Evelyn is lovely! And eek! I don't want to see what comes out of Schultz either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it... yet. Hopefully I won't be the one who has to clean it up!

      Delete
  7. Evelyn is going to grow up to be a very beautiful lady. I have a cousin of hers all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to wonder about food dogs won't eat. And Evelyn looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) He he he :) Very funny and well written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evelyn the tree is much better looking than Evelyn my aunt. Dogs eat amazing things and survive (most of the time). I can barely type at the moment because my granddog daughters are visiting me. Liesl the miniature Great Dane has slung herself over my left arm to monito my comments.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pardon me, please. That should have been monitor, not monito. Liesl, why didn't you catch that and fix it?

      Love again,
      Janie

      Delete