Mama Diaries

Friday, September 7, 2012

Zombie Mom

Well folks, I hate to say it, but I've been sick for the last four days.  I guess all that bushwhacking wore me down.  My body couldn't handle an attack from some itty bitty bacteria and I fell apart.  The good news is, I went to the doctor and got a good dose of powerful antibiotics.  The bad news is that I look like...well, I won't say what I look like, but it isn't good.

My son saw me in my decrepid state.  "Mama," he said.  "What's wrong?  Your eyes are black."

"Really?"  Last time I checked they were blue with some red bloodshot veins popping through.

"Yeah.  You look like a zombie."

I looked in the mirror.  There were dark circles under my eyes.  Maybe that's what he was talking about. I had to chuckle at his comment, though.  "Bubba, I don't look like a zombie.  I look like a vampire!"

My son considered that.  "No.  You look like a vampire zombie."

All right then. 

So, ladies and gentlemen, if you see me running down the highway, acting kind of strange, the best advice I can give you, is to get away as fast as you can!  There's no telling what I might do.   

12 comments:

  1. I won't run. I'll pick you up and give you chicken noodle soup, the cure all. I'm mommy even to zombie vampires.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. You are so nuturing. I feel warm and fuzzy all over, now!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you've been so sick. Your son is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. Lucky you to have a son who can always brighten your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you could run for president LOL Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah, I'll do a great job keeping out the illegal immigrants!

      Delete
  5. I hope you feel much better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sherry. So sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete