Mama Diaries

Monday, January 30, 2012

He'll Be Dancing Around the Table When He Comes...

Yesterday morning, I was in Cleveland (which is why there was no post).  My family and I went out for breakfast at a place called the Mustard Seed.  It was a pretty neat place.  The lower level was a grocery store, but on the upper level, it was a buffet restaurant.  And there was a stage for musicians.

Lucky for us, a bluegrass band was the entertainment of the morning. And you know how catchy bluegrass fiddle music can be.  My son simply couldn't resist moving to the beat.  He stood up and started dancing around our table.

"Bubba," I said.  "What are you doing?"

"Dancing!"

I guess that was pretty obvious.

"Mama, come up and dance with me!"

I let the kid drag me up by the stage.  He went to town hopping around.  I couldn't just stand there.  Well, I guess I could've, but I decided to get a little crazy, too.  Pretty soon, my son and I were do-si-do-ing around the restaurant. 

The musicians laughed.  The customers eating their food clapped. The waitresses giggled.  We may have been a couple of nutcases from Cincinnati, but I think everyone enjoyed our show!   

3 comments:

  1. I would have clapped too if I were a patron. Maybe even got up and danced too if I had a couple beers or glasses of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of funny having kids - I do things with them that I probably would never do unless I was completely enebriated!

    ReplyDelete