Mama Diaries

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mama, the Brainless Penguin

Every day, I run around like a maniac, fitting a bazillion things into fifteen hours of awake time.  By the time night falls, I'm ready to collapse.  It's a phenomenon that happens day after day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year (366 this year).

It's usually in the evening at my point of utter exhaustion, that my kids barrage me with a million questions.  And of course, my brain doesn't work, so the answers are sometimes incoherent or downright stupid. Such was the case last night.  I can't even remember what the questions were.

What I can remember, is that my answer must've been some kind of mumbo jumbo, because my husband's response was, "Leave Mommy alone.  She's in her penguin jammies.  And when she's in her penguin jammies, her brain doesn't work."

Yep.  He got that one right!

No comments:

Post a Comment