Mama Diaries

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Little Too Much Sugar

So where was I?  Oh, yes...I was off to eat cake and ice cream for my birthday, yesterday.  No sooner had I gotten finished with the post, there was a knock at the door.  It was one of my son's friends. 

"Is it time to eat cake?" he asked.

"Why, yes it is," I said.  "You're just in time."  (Isn't it funny how kids have the uncanny ability to know when cake is served?)

We all sat down and had cake and ice cream.

After we were finished, the friend wanted to have a sleepover.  My son did, too. 

"Okay," I said.  "We'll just make this a big party."

I made some popcorn while the kids had pillow fights.  Then they chased the dog.  Then they found some coon-skin caps and toy guns.  They chased each other while the dog chased them.  It was a regular three-ring circus.

When I finally got them settled down and tucked into bed, the buddy gave me a big grin.  "I didn't know old people birthday parties could be so fun!"  

 

16 comments:

  1. Reading this made me nostalgic for the days my kids were young and their friends came over. Loved those days! Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, time sure does fly. Someday I'll be looking back on these days.

      Delete
  2. How sweet are you that you allowed a sleepover on your birthday! What a good mom you are! I would have been throwing those kids in bed and curling up with that cake and a glass of wine while watching a favorite movie! Happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hey, who said I didn't want to do that? Thanks for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  3. Old people, with compliments like that who needs name calling hahaha Awesome they had such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great birthday Sherry!!! Happy Cake Day a little late!

    I have been away from Blogging for a bit so now it's time for me to catch up on my fave Blogs!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (I don't know if you'll get back here, but I'm having trouble getting onto your blog. It worked for a while, and now it's crazy again. Hopefully I'll be able to read and respond to your posts. I do enjoy reading them!)

      Delete
  5. I fell over laughing at that last line! Fantastic. Glad you had a wonderful birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Kids sure have a way with words, don't they!

      Delete
  6. Wow! If you're old, then I'm super old.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I think I might go out and get a license plate that says "Ancient 1."

      Delete
  7. haha leave it to kids to put us in our places---happy birthday sherry--and believe me you are not old :)

    ReplyDelete