Mama Diaries

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bubba, the Salesman

"Daddy," my eight-year-old son said. "I need a Wii."

That piqued my interest, so I walked over to the office to hear how this conversation would play out. 

My husband listened patiently as Bubba laid out all the reasons he needed a Wii.  Then he grinned.  "Bubba, do you know what a salesman is?"

Bubba looked at him and scrunched up his eyebrows.  "A man who sells things?"

"No, Bubba.  A salesman is somebody who tries to make people buy what they don't need."

Bubba didn't get that, so my husband explained.  "Do you need a Wii?"

"Yeah."

"No, you don't.  You want a Wii, and you're trying to sell me on buying you one.  You're a natural born salesman!"

Bubba grinned.  "That's what I'm going to be when I grow up.  I'm going to be a salesman for Papa John's pizza.  And I'm going to make everybody in the world buy Papa John's pizza."

(I'm sure the owner of Papa John's pizza is just thrilled with that news.  Now you all should go out and buy some Papa John's pizza, because Bubba says so.)    

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay! I'll let Bubba know. I'm sure he'll be thrilled!

      Delete
  2. What a Sweetie! Wiis are a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We obviously don't have one, but my kids say that they enjoy playing them at their friends' houses.

      Delete
  3. Should actually just wait for the Wii U in November, as the Wii will die out soon, sure he gave quite the pitch haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure if we get one, we get the new one.

      Delete
  4. *LOL* It's one of my favorite pizza places!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't help chuckling reading this and now craving for a Papa John's pizza. He has a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I love the conversation between your hubby and 'bubba' :-) --Now if I can locate Papa John's pizza around here ...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I bet Papa John's is seeing a sales spike right now!

      Delete
  7. : ) What an interesting conversation between father and son.

    Papa John's stock just went up! Maybe they'll put Bubba in a Papa John's commercial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be funny!

      My husband is a salesman, too. So it was one saleman to the other :)

      Delete