Mama Diaries

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bubba's Monster

  Yesterday, in honor of author, Christine Rain's book launch, I told you about my monster from childhood.  Today, I'll tell you about my son's.  His monster apparently lives in the closet.  It's no wonder, because last time I looked in there, there were plenty of places for it to hide.

"Mama," he said to me one evening.  "You have to close my closet doors."

"Why?' I asked.

"Because the monster is in there."

"There's a monster in there?"  I went to the closet to have a peek.  "Is he invisible?"

"No, Mama, I'm serious.  You have to close the closet!"

Okay.  I understood about monsters.  "So, tell me about your monster," I said after I locked the monster in the closet.

"He's a big zombie thing like the incredible hulk.  He's green and has a pouch with guns."

Whoa.

My boy had more to say.  "There's another one, too.  It's a tiny velocoraptor that spits acid."

Okay, I'm not going to spend the night in his room.  Way too scary!  

21 comments:

  1. Aw, your poor son! Where do these things come from, I wonder? The "velocoraptor" cross with another of those funky Jurassic Park dinosaurs I can understand--those creeped me out, too, and I was, what, twenty? But the hulk-zombie guy with guns... Where did *that* come from? You've got to hand it to kids and their imaginations, eh? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son has quite an imagination! I'm not sure where the hulk thing came from - maybe from the Avengers.

      Delete
  2. No more action movies or figures for him. But I suppose if you don't allow some things at home, he'll just learn about them from other kids.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, we did see the Avengers. That must've sparked his imagination.

      Delete
  3. The closet seems to be the place most kids think the monsters hang out :) A very cute post indeed.

    Thanks so much for visiting and following my blog today. I just followed yours and look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  4. Too many superhero and Jurassic Park movies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I think the cat will stray away from his room too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think even Schultz is keeping his distance! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Wouldn't you love to know where they get their ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some fearsome monsters! What an imagination on your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do sound like scary monsters... I wouldn't want to face the velocoraptor that spits acid... ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. A plain old velocoraptor is scary enough!

      Delete
  9. I totally get these monsters- I think they are the same one lurking in my kids rooms "preventing" them from going upstairs alone, without me or a sibling. Great to meet you during the hop!
    A2Z Mommy and What’s In Between

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Hulk was my monster! He's pretty freaky.

    My post: http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/2012/08/childhood-monster-blog-fest.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! Two monsters in one closet. I'd have never thought of the hulk as a zombie.

    ReplyDelete