Mama Diaries

Monday, August 6, 2012

Dusting Fun

With all the pets I have around my house, dusting is something that gets done several times a week.  I can't say it's my favorite thing to do.

Today was another dusting day.  I pulled out the Endust and dust cloths and went to work.  My son saw me and started watching.

"Mama," he said after a few minutes.  "That's not how you should dust."

"Oh yeah?" I asked.  What could this kid possibly know that I didn't?

"Here, let me show you."   He took the spray and cloth and headed over to the coffee table.

I watched as he began spraying:  Y  O  U.

"What did I spell?"  he asked.

I told him, and he quickly wiped it up.

He sprayed some more.  M U S T.

We went through the same process.  Finally he spelled out, P L A Y.

"Now do you get it?"

"Yeah, I get it," I said.  "You have to make it fun."

I guess he really did know a thing or two!  

15 comments:

  1. Bright boy! Maybe he'd like to do all the dusting for you! Turn it into a spelling test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I need his attitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! What a clever little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, the more fun the more dusting will want to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please send that child to my house. I detest dusting. The dust gets in my nose and makes me sneeze. I guess if I dusted more often, then the dust wouldn't accumulate enough to end up in my nose. Bleagh. Dusting.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, dusting is not my thing either... and yep, your son is a smart one. Fun is the best way to get through the less liked chores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he can figure out a fun way to clean the toilet!

      Delete
  7. Having fun takes the 'work' out of daily chores...smart kid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun way to make the work go faster. Did your son help you with the rest of the dusting?

    ReplyDelete