Mama Diaries

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hat Model

Today, as I sat plunking away at the computer, my daughter came up behind me.  She had a rectangular fabric in her hand which she promptly placed on my head.

"What the heck are you doing?" I asked.  I wasn't exactly pleased having that thing on me.

"Making a hat," my daughter said.

"A hat?"

"Yeah.  For Schultz."

Okay.  I don't know what made her think that I'd be a good model for that sort of thing, because the last time I looked, I didn't have large pointy ears sticking up off the top of my head. (Schultz, in case you don't know, is our big German Shepherd dog.)

"Just stay still while I figure out where the ear holes go."

I made a face and continued plunking.

A short while later, the measurements were taken, and the hat was completed.  My daughter asked  Schultz to sit while she gently placed the hat on his enormous head.

And guess what?  It was a perfect fit!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Unfortunately, Schultz wasn't too thrilled with the hat, so he pawed it off. I think it's sitting on our stuffed pig, so maybe I'll take a picture of that.

      Delete
  2. Hilarious! I don't know whether to offer you congratulations or commiserations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. Maybe your commiserations, since apparently that means I'm a block head. LOL!

      Delete
  3. hahaha two heads the same size, does that make you more or less wise? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less wise. I've been demoted to block head. LOL!

      Delete
  4. How funny, especially the twisted way that little ones make things work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has a knack for making outfits for creatures using me as a model. I don't know how she does it. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'll see if I can get the hat back on the beast. If I can, and I'm able to get a picture, I'll post it.

      Delete
  6. I love this! I want to see a picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can do (check out the comment above).

      Delete
  7. Wow! *LOL* I add another vote for wanting to see a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, too cute. : )

    ReplyDelete