Mama Diaries

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Impressing the Girlfriend

No, I'm not talking about my son's girlfriend.  He's way too young for that sort of thing!  I'm talking about my German Shepherd, Schultz's girlfriend.  She's a pretty Golden Retriever.  You might remember her from a previous post, where Schultz was so busy gawking at her, that he walked right into to bush.

Well, the saga continues.  I took Schultz for a walk.  Everything was fine until he decided he needed to do his business.  He stopped and did what doggies do.  I was not aware that his girlfriend was behind us, being biked around the block.  As soon as she saw Schultz doing his business, she charged. 

Here's what happened next:  The kid who was biking the pretty Golden Retriever nearly fell off his bike.  The pretty Golden Retriever jumped into Schultz's poo, and Schultz jumped on top of  the pretty Golden Retriever.  It was a mess.  Leashes were tangled, and the kid and I were not too happy.  But apparently, Schultz and his girlfriend were very happy.   They wagged their tails in sheer glee.

We managed to get dogs and leashes untangled.  Then the kid and his dog continued on their way.  The Golden Retriever did a quick look back at Schultz and wagged her tail.

Apparently Schultz knows how to impress the ladies!  

20 comments:

  1. I guess Schultz is a smooth dog even when doing his business! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like that! He's definitely a good-looking dog.

      Delete
  2. It's nice that Schultz's girlfriend is so easy going, and that no one got hurt. Something tells me that you both had fun in the tub afterward! Julie


    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'd call a quickie hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds messy, but sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to sing "Smooth Operator" when I finished reading this. That Schultz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Apparently. Definitely not my idea of a courtship!

      Delete
  7. This made me giggle - it sounds as though the pretty Golden Retriever is a stereotypical dumb blonde! What a mess, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, definitely a stereotypical dumb blond!

      Delete
  8. LOL .. Love it! In fact very cute story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The golden retriever jumped into Schultz's poo? YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my dog has a gf at his doggie day care

    ReplyDelete