Mama Diaries

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pokemon School

Before I start my story, I want to let you all know that I'm a guest over at Virginia Wright's blog today. You can win a copy of my book, That Mama is a Grouch.  Please stop by and visit.

Now for the story.  My husband decided he wanted a 3-D flatscreen TV, so he went out and got one.  Of course, 3-D flatscreen TVs come in big boxes.  Perfect for kids to play in.  My son got a hold of that thing and let his imagination go wild.

"Mama," he said, "get in the bus!"

"The bus?"  It didn't look like a bus to me.

"Yeah, Mama.  Like this."  He demonstrated how to get in the bus.  His feet stuck out the bottom, and his head stuck out the top.

"Um, Bubba.  I think I'm a little big for that," I said.

"No, Mama.  You're skinny.  Come on."

Well, since he put it that way...

I crawled in the box and stood up.  I felt pretty stupid, but I figured we were in the garage so nobody would see me.  Not for long.  That boy decided to take his bus for a ride... to school of course.

"Come on, Mama.  We're going to Pokemon school."

I followed along as we walked (drove) our bus down the driveway.  We headed up the street.  "Wait a minute, Bubba.  Where are we going?"

"To the stop sign."

Negative.  The neighbors had come out of their house to watch our little spectacle.  "Bubba, we're staying in our yard. I'm not driving around the neighborhood in a box!"

To make  a long story short, we parked our box (bus) under a shady tree in our front yard.  Then Bubba taught me all about cat-like Pokemon.  (Meowith and Purrloin are the only two I can remember from that lesson.)   Afterwards, we drove our box back into the garage. 

I glanced back at the neighbors who were shaking their heads at us.  What can I say?  Never a dull moment at my pad!

19 comments:

  1. That is too cute. I don't know which I love more, the bus box or Pokemon school. I'm not ashamed to admit, I'd ace those classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're a Pokemon expert, eh? You and my son have to get together to quiz each other on types and damage control and evolves. I nearly blew a brain gasket trying to remember what he told me. LOL!

      Delete
  2. That's so much fun! I'd like to go to Pokemon school too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pokemon school is way harder than regular school. I had no problem with calculus, but trying to memorize damage control numbers hurt my head!

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love the imagination that kids have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids know how to have fun with anything and anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meowth evovles into Persian and can talk in the show. I know a thing or three, cardboard bus riding though, hmm not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like a Pokemon expert, too. See, I can't even spell "Meowth" right! LOL!

      Delete
  6. boxes are the best toys!! I used to go to Pier Imports on Tuesdays when they got their shipments and bring home huge boxes...the kids would build cities and forts and so many creative things....wonderful entertainment for hours....
    have fun at school!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder why in the world I spend money all all those expensive toys. A box is all they need!

      Delete
  7. Ah, let the neighbors snicker. You were having more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's always good to entertain ones neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and believe me, we are always entertaining them!

      Delete
  9. Smart guy... he already knows that "flattery will get you somewhere."
    ... and he had someone to practice on. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a GREAT mom! Your son is going to have great childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete