Mama Diaries

Monday, September 24, 2012

Crazy Daisy Award


Tara Tyler stopped by the other day, and gave me a pretty flower.  She must've known how much I like flowers.  Thank you Tara!

For this award, I have to tell you seven weird things about me.  That shouldn't be too hard to do, because you probably already know how crazy I am!

Here we go.  Seven weird things:

1.  My cell phone is 10 years old.  Ancient!  I think I need to get with the program.

2.  I never attended a rock concert until I went to see Taylor Swift two years ago, with my daughter (although I had seen plenty of orchestra concerts).  Truthfully, although Ms. Swift was a fantastic performer, I wouldn't want to go to another concert.  Even with earplugs, it was way too loud, and it hurt my ears!

3.  When I was in college, I used to practice the viola 6-8 hours a day.  Crazy, huh?

4.  I write all my manuscripts by hand before I type them into the computer.

5.  I am allergic to most cats.  Oddly, I am not allergic to my own, although he's a tabby - one I should be allergic to.

6.  I don't like pop/soda, coffee, or beer.

7.  I never thought I'd be an author.

Told you I was crazy.

Now I'm supposed to pass this on.  Let's see.  Who of you out there is crazy?

1.  Junie Junebug  I don't know if she's crazy, but I just love this lady!  She even offered to make me chicken soup when I wasn't feeling good :).  So I just had to give her a daisy!

2.  Pat Hat  This guy is definitely crazy!  (Sorry, Pat, you are!)  But his rhymes are so funny.  Sometimes they're a little off color, (you've been warned), but it never ceases to amaze me the stuff this guy can pull out of his hat.

3.  Crack You Whip  This lady has a great sense of humor.  You have to stop by and read some of her stuff.  ( I don't know if she's still blogging, because her last entry was in August, but you can still get a laugh over some of her previous posts.)

That's all I'm going to list.  If any of you want this award because you're crazy, or because you just like flowers, feel free to grab it.

  

38 comments:

  1. well a 10 year old phone isn't bad, as long as it works. Aren't allergies fun? haha And yeah agree with the soda and beer, nasty.

    Crazy I am and the award even rhymes, such fun times haha. Although I'm sure with all my craziness I've given away most every fact by now. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy Daisy had your name on it. And I'm sure there's plenty of craziness we don't know about you (and probably don't want to know) LOL!

      Delete
  2. well once you have a phone for a month or so, it is obsolete anyway--no soda or coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I go to Europe, people look at me like I'm nuts when I say I don't want coffee!

      Delete
  3. Crazy Daisy...sounds like a good book title Sherry.
    My cell phone is new (within the past few months), but my kids laugh because it is so big. In the voice of the Big Bad Wolf I said, "the better to see it with my dear."

    Great post!
    Thanks, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Crazy Daisy does sound like a good book title. Hmmm. Now for a story to go with it...

      Delete
  4. Maybe a concert for teens isn't the best choice. :) I saw Back Street Boys a few years back. We were kind of close to the speakers, but the screaming girls (not mine, even then she was too cool for that) hurt my ears worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet there was a lot of screaming for the Back Street Boys. Ouch!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the award! I have no desire to go to another concert either. My ears are too sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, You are very unique. I wouldn't say crazy. :) You need a new phone. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. That's so nice! Maybe someday I'll get a new phone.

      Delete
  7. A cell phone ten years old and you type your manuscript? You are unique. Which allows writing to be unique too. Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the award! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. It's great to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award =)

    I'd crumble without my soda but coffee is just gross.

    Don't tell Pat, but yeah, I think he's a good guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a well deserved beautiful daisy :) No concerts for me either, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I had the experience to go to a concert, but once is definitely enough for me.

      Delete
  11. I must be crazy because I stayed married to a crazy man for so many years. I don't know how I'll come up with crazy information about myself because everything I do is insane. But thank you very much.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being married to a crazy person can definitely make you crazy! Glad you're out of that relationship. You're a great lady!

      Delete
  12. I don't even have a cell phone so you are one up on me.
    I love rock concerts. Taylor Swift is too country for me though.
    Congrats to you and all the award winners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge country fan, either, but her songs kind of cross over into pop, and she does put on a good show.

      Delete
  13. i wish they would quit upgrading so much, i'd never change my phone!
    crazy practice means crazy good!
    and i must be crazy too because i love to hand write first, dont like beer and never thought i'd be a writer either!

    and are you going to books by the banks in downtown cinci? nice to know you're a neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like we have a few things in common!

      I thought books by the banks already happened. I had several friends from my writers group sell books there. I didn't get there this year. (Or last year, if that's when it was - I can't keep track of things :))

      Delete
  14. I write all my manuscripts by hand too before I type them onto a computer. In fact, I haven't even typed on onto a computer yet!!!
    What? No coffee!!??!!?
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then, you better start typing! LOL!

      Yes, I know I'm weird. I really do not like coffee!

      Delete
  15. I tried watching a concert a few times but because I'm not so tall, you can imagine the sweat and people raising their arms singing and landing on them with all the pushing it's not for me. :) Ah no coffee? I'm not following the cell phone craze either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds gross and crazy! Definitely not for me. I like civilized entertainment!

      Delete
  16. Yeah, I am not a big fan of concerts for that same reason. It's funny that you mentioned how old your phone is because I think my aunt's phone is older than yours. And the funny thing is that her children (who are grown by the way) cannot stand it when she takes her flip phone out to take a picture. It drives them crazy!! LOL!! Congratulations on your award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Questions: How long are your manuscripts and a ten-year-old cell phone still works? I popped over here from Alex's blog...very nice to meet you :-)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! My manuscripts are about 14,000 words - chapter books for kids. I also write picture books, and those are between 800 - 2,000 words.

      Yes, my cell phone still works - and it works well!

      Delete
  18. I am that way too, I don't like soda/pop, coffee and beer --In fact I am totally like that:-)

    You are the only one so far that I know would practice 6-8 hours a day on your musical instrument. If only I can get my girls to practice their pianos consistently :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an internal motivation. I love music, and it never seems like work to practice it.

      Delete
  19. Hi, Sherry! CONGRATS on your pretty daisy award. : )

    ReplyDelete