Mama Diaries

Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Popcorn Bowl

My daughter had a few of her friends over, yesterday, to watch a movie.  As is usually the case, she popped some popcorn.

Later, I came downstairs and saw the bowl of popcorn sitting on the kitchen table.  It was half full, so I figured the girls were done with it.  Since I was a little hungry, I decided to munch on some.

My daughter, who was still parked in front of the TV, heard me in the kitchen.  "Mom," she said.  "I'm so mad at Schultz!"  (Schultz is our giant German Shepherd, for those who don't know.)

I put another handful of popcorn in my mouth and ate it.  "Why are you mad at Schultz?" I asked.

"Because he ate half of our popcorn!"

I gulped.  "You mean the popcorn that was sitting in this bowl?"

She turned around and looked.  "Yeah, Mom.  You didn't eat any, did you?"

Uh.

(And I thought that was butter on the popcorn!)

18 comments:

  1. LOL!!!...Yuck!
    That's so funny, but oh gosh feel for you there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! He was hungry too! I would suggest using a toothbrush though.

    One time, my incredibly shy cat who would flinch at the tiniest movements, climbed on the back of the couch while I was eating a lollipop. She started licking one side while I was licking the other. My mom and I thought it was hilarious. After a couple licks, she was done, but almost the entire thing was left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I brushed my teeth and used an inordinate amount of mouthwash!

      Delete
  3. lol a little doggie slobber just adds flavor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...nothing can be done now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww. That's terrible. I can't leave food around my cat. A few times I've spread Nutella on toast, left the room for but a split second, and then come back to wet toast - completely licked clean. That, and a pair of guilty green eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's dog frosting. I have it on my windows.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm constantly washing dog frosting off the windows!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever go near another bowl of popcorn in my house!

      Delete
  8. Oh the joys of living with a dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no! Doggie drool. : (

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious, Sherry! Sorry for laughing so hard. :-)

    ReplyDelete