Mama Diaries

Friday, October 24, 2014

Bigger than Mama

"Mama," my ten-year-old son said.  "I'm bigger than you!"

I looked down at the kid, who at 4 feet 6 inches tall, was clearly  not bigger than me.  "I don't think so, Bubba.  You have a way to go before you catch up with me."

"But I am bigger," he insisted.  "Look!"  He pointed on the ground at our shadows.  Since he was slightly in front of me, his shadow appeared taller than mine.

I moved up so I was even with him.  My shadow was obviously bigger than his when I did that.

"Wow," he said.  "I didn't know you could grow so fast!"

I nodded.  "Yep.  Mamas are pretty amazing!"  

36 comments:

  1. He is easily amused. Enjoy that while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're kinda like one of those things they put in water and it grows faster? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw!!! That is adorable. And I love what you said at the end. Mamas are amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. yes.. a quick growth spurt!
    never underestimate mums:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's funny all the good tricks we can do when we become mamas!

      Delete
  6. That's so funny. Kids... never grow up, you hear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he always keeps his sense of humor, no matter how old he gets!

      Delete
  7. It must be a secret talent that mamas have. My mom must not have been taught the secret though because I passed her height when I was 11 or 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. She didn't figure out the shadow trick fast enough!

      Delete
  8. It's best to show off all your Mama magic early, while kids are so impressionable. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mamas have special growing power! My stepdaughter is 5'9" and I'm only 5'2"...so it happens before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is taller than me, now. I'm 5'4 1/2, and she's 5'5.

      Delete
  10. Observant as well as funny, could be you have a young author in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's magic, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Attack of the 50-foot Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I can be pretty intimidating at 50 feet tall!

      Delete