Mama Diaries

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Story of Christopher Columbus

Last night, my daughter was watching a video on her iPod, and laughing.

"What's so funny?"  I asked.

"You have to see this," she said.  "You're never going to believe it!"

What she had pulled up was the Story of Christopher Columbus, according to the fine folks who happened to be wandering down Hollywood Boulevard.

Here's what they say happened:  Christopher Columbus, who was from England, arrived in a kayak called the Pina Colada (or maybe it was a jet - we're not sure) in 1942.  At that time, he discovered the East and the West coast, and enjoyed the first Thanksgiving dinner.

What?  You don't believe me?  Here.  See it for yourself.


(Now I think I'll go find that Pina Colada, because my mind is completely blown away. Anybody want to join me?)

31 comments:

  1. I love it when Kimmel does that! The ignorance of some people is frightening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it, either. Are people really this stupid?

      Delete
  3. May I have a margarita? Frozen, strawberry, with a sugar rim, please. Deliver it ASAP.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol a canoe? 1942, lol wow some people. He landed in Canada huh? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the guy who gave the date was a little dyslexic!

      Delete
  5. At least your daughter knew the truth! I've started to wonder if people do that on purpose. They know they'll be more likely to get on the show if they make up something outlandish. Although having walked down Hollywood Blvd. myself not so long ago, I can say there are some strange, strange people there, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were oblivious to real history!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I don't really drink but I'll join you because my mind is blown. I don't understand that. I suddenly feel as if I should homeschool my future children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could people be so confused about Christopher Columbus? I mean, you learn this stuff in second grade!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Haha! Maybe all the grade school teachers got it wrong.

      Delete
  8. Glad she knew enough of the truth, but it is funny

    ReplyDelete
  9. A canoe? A kayak? By plane? I think I'll join you in a pina colada.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, that Chris really gets around! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty impressive for a guy who was around before the invention of airplanes!

      Delete
  11. Christopher was one super duper kayaker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may be right. Here in the States, we've kind of forgotten about that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny, and scary. I know people forget history lessons with age, but I didn't think this much.

    ReplyDelete