Mama Diaries

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bus from the Twilight Zone

This morning, at the crack of dawn,  I took my son up to the bus stop.  Nobody was there.  Usually there are three or four other kids waiting.  My son looked at me.  I looked at him.  And we both shrugged.

Two seconds later, the school bus came barreling around the bend in the road.  It didn't look like it was going to stop.  Which was unusual, because there's always a kid that gets picked up in front of his house about 500 feet before our stop.

The bus came speeding toward us, and only at the last minute stopped, when the driver noticed my son standing there.  Since it was very dark, I couldn't see the driver, but I figured it was the same woman who always sat in that seat.  My son cautiously boarded the bus and stood looking at the driver for a couple of seconds before he continued up the steps.

I wondered what the deal was.  I didn't have a chance to see who the driver was, or ask why Bubba paused on the steps.  But I did see that my son was the only kid on that bus.

Now, I know I have an overactive imagination, because I'm a writer.  But don't you think that was a little weird?  Now I'm worried I'm never going to see my son again, because I'm absolutely certain that bus was from the Twilight Zone!

35 comments:

  1. Think of the stories he'll tell you when he returns!
    Maybe it was a bus for another school and he went to high school for the day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he'd come home with all kinds of creepy stories. But no. It was your average bus ride the rest of the way. The kids got on at the next stop, and the bus driver was the usual one.

      Delete
  2. I would have been apprehensive too, but kids are resilient most of the time. Does he have any communication devices? I wonder how much it costs to call from the Twilight Zone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have let him on, given the driver being mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what was up with her, but it was the same driver he normally has. I found that out when he got home.

      Delete
  4. This definitely seems eerie enough for the Twilight Zone, for sure! Maybe it was a substitute bus driver. That could easily explain some of the weirdness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly, she ended up being the same driver. Maybe the full moon had an effect on her.

      Delete
  5. I never had to deal with any of that. I only ever had to deal with the bus driver forgetting to pick up a group of about ten of us from an apartment complex. I didn't have a watch or a phone so imagine my mom's surprise when I left at 6:50 and returned at like 7:30 with the sun high in the sky, with no real explanation as to why I wasn't on the bus because I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird! Bus drivers can be a little loopy sometimes.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that is kind of weird. Hopefully was just a substitute driver and not some alien bending time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was the usual bus driver. I think she was affected by the full moon.

      Delete
  7. Spooky!
    PS could you ad the link to this blog in ABOUT section of your Google Plus account,because nobody can reach you there without links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My story with Google Plus is a little complicated. I actually have 2 Google Plus accounts. The one this blog is attached to, is listed on the About section of my page. I cannot attach the link on my other Google Plus account. But I did add the link to my website. You can access my blog through my website. (Scroll to bottom and you'll see the link on the right.)

      Delete
  8. Oh, I do hope he got back home safe and sound?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's 4:23 EST. Is he home? If he isn't, it's time to call the paranormal police.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. Good thing, because I really didn't want to have to call the paranormal police!

      Delete
  10. Cue spooky music. That is a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. The odd thing, was that she was the regular driver. Must've just been a weird morning.

      Delete
  12. That is eerie. I have experienced a few strange things taking a bus, but nothing like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Everything was fine. Thanks for your reassurance.

      Delete
  14. Hahaha! You had me at Twilight Zone! I (still) love that show. You're a brave Mama. I would have jumped on that bus with Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it hadn't taken off so fast, I probably would've jumped on that bus!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking. I scribbled a title in my notebook, and might try to flesh out a story later.

      Delete
  16. I'll bet you could write a fun book about an alien school bus or something. : )

    ReplyDelete