Mama Diaries

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Vampire Eyes

We seem to have a spooky theme going on here.  For those of you who might be worried that my son disappeared on the bus from the Twilight Zone yesterday, he made it safely home.  I don't know what the driver's issue was (she was the same one as usual) or why there were no kids on that bus when he boarded in the morning, but at the next stop, things got back to normal.  There were kids there, and my son made it to school with no further incidents.

This morning was more spookiness.  I don't know if it  had something to do with the red moon from the lunar eclipse or what.  But I think I totally scared my son.  We were standing in the dark at the bus stop, when my son looked at me funny.  "Mama, your eyes are black."

"Is that right?" I said.

He nodded slowly.  "Your eyes look scary.  There's no color.  They're just black."

"That's because I'm a vampire."

Bubba's eyes got big like saucers.  "You are?"

I nodded.  "And I'm hungry!"

He stepped back.  "Are you going to drink my blood?"

I smiled, revealing my pearl-white fangs.

Fortunately for him, the bus came at that moment.  He scrambled on that thing as fast as he could.  I guess he knew not to hang around a hungry vampire!      

41 comments:

  1. Sherry, you won Jessica's book White Lady on my blog but she needs your email address to be sent to her at:
    jessica.carmen.bell(at)gmail.com Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! It looks like a great book. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. LOL, looks like Twilight Zone buses are less scary than a vampire mama for him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol vampires among him, he'll have to come home wearing garlic

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! My girls still believe I'm a psychic and they're all grown up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've got my kids believing the same thing.

      Delete
  5. HI sherry - gosh I'll watch out for Vampire Eyes ... I don't think I like the idea of Mama and Son going off together and then life somewhat changing for them .. spookily strange .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha!!! This sounds like the beginning of a scary movie, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! When I was a kid, my incisors were above my other teeth because I had (and still have) a very small mouth. People asked me constantly if I was a vampire. I hate lots of garlic to prove I wasn't.

    As I finished typing this, it's dawned on me that I've told you this before. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember. But it's fun to hear the story, again!

      Delete
    2. I don't think you ever told me. I feel left out.

      Delete
  8. Well, now you know how to make him obey your commands.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should try the same with the dad... I bet he wouldn't complain...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol! @ Dezmond.. that's funny.. i bet he wouldn't too!
    Spooky stuff Sherry..and you've turned your son into a potential 100m athlete :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look out for holy water, garlic and stakes!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid my kids will be bringing that home soon, to ward off the evil vampire Mama!

      Delete
  12. Now ya KNOW you're gonna have to get yourself a decent-looking pair of vampire fangs before Halloween...

    (Life is never dull at your house. HA!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a memorable bus stop moment! :) A video would have been excellent. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but then it would've been dark, so I'm not sure how much of my vampire eyes you would've seen.

      Delete
  14. Lol, he does know to get away from a hungry vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you sure it was your son who returned? Could be it was an alien life force looking just like him.

    ReplyDelete