Mama Diaries

Monday, October 6, 2014

Nothing in the Head

First of all, I have a big favor to ask of you.  My blog friend, Janie Junebug, has 239 followers.  She would really like 240.  So, if you aren't following Janie, please hop over and follow.  She is a very nice lady, and I'm sure you'll like her.  Plus she's a very good editor!

Okay.  Now for the story:

"Mama?" my ten-year-old son asked.  "Do you know how tall the biggest tsunami is?"

"No, Bubba.  I have no idea."

"1,720 feet."

I nodded.  "That's pretty tall."

"Do you know where it was?"

I shook my head.

"Lituya Bay, Alaska."  He grinned.  "I bet you don't know when it happened, do you?"

"No, Bubba.  I have no idea when it happened."

"July 9, 1958."

"Bubba," I said.  "That's really impressive that you know all these facts.  How do you remember them?"

"It's easy, Mama.  I have nothing else in my head!"
  

22 comments:

  1. He has room for more then!
    Will go visit your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now following Janie.

    What happened to everything else Bubba once knew? Kind of reminds me of that SpongeBob episode where he has brain overload and forgets his name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more space the more facts, Jeopardy here he comes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will vouch that Janie is amazing! I only regret not following her sooner.

    Bubba is pretty smart. I'm not quite sure what to say about him having nothing else in his head though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's there and he's just forgotten about it. ;0)

      Delete
  5. Finally, I know how to remember important stuff. Get rid of all the miscellany. Your son's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm follower 242! So glad to meet Janie. Her blog looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch out Sherry. Now that Bubba has a clear head he'll have room for so much other stuff. It could be downright scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so kind of you to send me followers, and they seem to be decent people, unlike some of the serial killers I've gotten in the past. I was longing for Follower #240, and now look at me with 242. It's time to par-taaaaaay. And as for Bubba, well, I'm sorry. I simply don't know what to say because I'm in the same situation.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never send serial killers your way. I'm looking out for you because your my blog mom!

      As for your situation, well, Bubba is doing okay, so I bet you'll do okay, too. ;0)

      Delete
    2. Thanks to you, I have 245 followers. I feel even more regal than usual. I have a book to edit, too.

      Delete
  9. I followed. I'm no.#243
    That child actually means the opposite...his head is overflowing with ideas/creativity! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! His head is certainly overflowing with creative ideas!

      Delete