Mama Diaries

Monday, May 17, 2010

Kindergarten Readiness

This evening my five-year-old son and I went to visit his future kindergarten classroom and teachers. I had rushed out of the house after teaching piano lessons, and had not checked my little guy to see if he was presentable. Big mistake. We arrived at the school, and as he got out of the car, I noticed that he was quite a mess. He had Kool Aid stains all around his mouth and on his nose. He had Kool Aid stains on his sweat pants. Crumbs from his last meal were still plastered on his cheek.

Of course I had nothing to clean off the mess. So, we marched into the school hand in hand. He greeted everyone with a big smile and struck up conversations with all of the teachers.

On our way out, we met the principal. My little guy stuck out his grimy hand. "Nice to meet you!" he said.

What can I say? At least he's polite.

2 comments:

  1. "Great read and very cute…" It's typical of children; and I loved your reaction to it all!

    ~ Virginia Wright

    ReplyDelete