Mama Diaries

Friday, July 1, 2011

Ear Piercing

Today was the big day - my daughter went and got her ears pierced.  I told her she could do it for her tenth birthday, so she's been waiting a long time.

She was really nervous about it.

"Is it going to hurt?" she asked.

"It pinches, but it doesn't last long," I replied.

"Granny says it's really going to hurt and that I'm going to cry and run away."

"Don't listen to Granny.  She doesn't know what she's talking about."  (I have to have a little talk with my mother-in-law about scaring her grandaughter!)

We went to the piercing pagoda at the mall.  She picked out cute butterfly earings.  She sat in the chair and looked at me with great apprehension.

She looked at the lady who was going to pierce her ears.  "Does it hurt?"

"I'm not going to say it doesn't, but it doesn't last long."  At least she was honest.

I held my daughter's sweaty hands as the lady pierced her ears.

It hurt, but she made it through it. 

After the initial pain subsided, she looked in the mirror and admired her pretty earings. 

"It was worth it," she said.  

  

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I think I was about 12 when I got my ears pierced. I'll have to check with my mom. Anyways, when mine were pierced, the lady did mine with a large needle and a raw potato. I remember it hurting, but then I thought it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete