Mama Diaries

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gosh Darn Dog

A few days ago, our German Shepherd learned how to escape out of our fenced yard.  This is the same dog that learned how to open the door and go outside when he was three months old.  I'm telling you, this dog is a genious.

Today, my  husband and I repaired the fence.  It was a sweltering 97 degrees outside.  My husband had hurt his hip, so it was up to me to do the heavy lifting.  I had to lift the gate door off of its hinge.  Then I had to haul it to a location where we could remove the metal wire that the darn dog had bent with his teeth.  Of course the U-nails didn't want to come out.  So my husband and I had to do some serious work with the crow bar to pry them out.

Meanwhile sweat was just pouring off of us.  An hour later we had repaired the fence (after mounting additional wooden beams on the gate).  I hauled the gate back on to the hinges.  (You should see the muscles I'm getting from all the lifting I've been doing!) 

"Release the beast!" my husband exclaimed.

We let the enormous dog out into the yard.  What was the first thing he did?  He went over to the gate and tried to chew on the new  wooden beams.

Gosh darn dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment