Mama Diaries

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Peanut Butter War Paint

My son and his buddy were sitting at my kitchen table eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Sounds harmeless enough, doesn't it?

Two minutes later:  "Mom, how do carrots and peanut butter taste together?"

"I don't know.  I think carrots and ranch dressing would taste better."

"Can I have some ranch dressing...and peanut butter."

I looked at him and grimaced.  "Are you sure?" 

"Yep."

I gave the boys some peanut butter and ranch dressing along with some carrots.  Then I went back to washing dishes.

Oddly enough, they liked the combination.  They asked for more peanut butter. 

I looked at them kind of funny, but I gave it to them anyway.  Big mistake.  Two seconds later, they dipped their fingers in it and started applying it to their faces.

"War paint!" they cried as they jumped around like wild Indians.

Unbelievable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment