Mama Diaries

Friday, July 8, 2011

Follow at Your Own Risk

It was adventure day.  On adventure day, I take my kids to some place we had never been before.  Our destination was in Dayton, Ohio.  I consulted MapQuest for directions and hit the open road.

Everything seemed to be going just fine, until the directions took us to a residential street that ended in a cul-de-sac.  Destination was supposed to be at the end of the cul-de-sac.

"Um, something isn't right here," I said.

"No kidding," my precocious daughter replied.  "Did you use MapQuest again?"

"Yep."

"Mommmm!"

I decided to ask for directions.

The first individual I met was a half-naked man on a riding mower.  "Excuse me sir, can you tell me how to get to my destination.  I seem to be lost."

After about a ten-minute explanation, we were on the road again.

We drove on, following the man's directions.  I was beginning to think that the half-naked man on the riding mower was sending me on a wild goose chase.  So I stopped in a gas station.

"I have no idea where that is," said the attendent when I inquired.  Fortunately, a nice elderly gentleman overheard my inquiry. 

"Take this road," he said pointing to the next street, "and it'll be on your right side."

Wonderful!  After a few twists and turns and a detour down another street, we reached our destination.

On the way home we saw a car with a bumper sticker:  "If you're following me, you're lost too!"  

I need one of those! 

No comments:

Post a Comment