Mama Diaries

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sewing Badges

My kids have been at their grandparent's house for three days now.  You would not believe how much I have gotten done!  I love my kids, but it's nice not to hear, "Mama..., Mama....Mama" all day long.

One of the projects I had been putting off, was sewing my daughter's girl scout badges on her vest.  I have to admit, it's  a project I didn't look forward to.  I remembered all the pricks my fingers got last year sewing those badges on!

So now, fifteen badges later, I look at my poor fingers.  They've been pierced at least thirty times.  It hurts to play my violin.  It hurts to play my viola.

Hey girl scout badge maker people - could you try making badges that iron on and don't fall off?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about all the finger pricks. Next time you need to sew on badges, go to the fabric store and get some two-sided fusing material. I don't know what it is called. When I've bought it in the past, there were directions for using it, but if directions aren't provided, just ask the person helping you out to explain how to use it. Such as setting for iron, how long to iron the area, etc.

    ReplyDelete