Mama Diaries

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Chubby Bunny Marshmallow Challenge

 I was driving my daughter and her friend to school the other day, when her friend had this remark:  "Mrs. Ellis, I did the Chubby Bunny Marshmallow challenge!"

"The what?" I asked.

"The Chubby Bunny Marshmallow challenge.  You have to put a marshmallow in your mouth and say, 'chubby bunny.'  You keep adding marshmallows until you can't do it any more."

"Seriously?"  I couldn't believe people would do something so stupid.

"Mom, I want to try," my daughter said.

"Forget it.  I don't need any of my kids choking on marshmallows!"

She was very disappointed.

So ladies and gentlemen, in case you're curious, here is a fine example of the Chubby Bunny Marshmallow challenge:   


(By the way, my daughter's friend only managed to stuff in two marshmallows.)

29 comments:

  1. When I was much younger this was a game that was played at easter time with peeps. Same results, just pink or yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That had to look absolutely disgusting when the colors blended together!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think you'd die for sure if you tried that when you were drinking!

      Delete
  3. new generations are ever so promising......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just cannot get decent marshmallows in Britain. I suppose started out on miniature marshmallows would not be a good suggestion...

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to remedy that. I'll send a couple cases over. ;0)

      Delete
  5. I've never liked marshmallows, so I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL That's not my kind of game either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes, somebody with a totally messed up mind had to come up with it.

      Delete
  8. Gwyneth Paltrow did a Chubby Bunny scene, too. Hubs saw it on the Food Channel. Not my idea of fun. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did? Seriously? That would've been something to see!

      Delete
  9. I would not do well in this challenge. Are you going to end up trying it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can live without Chubby Bunny. I'm glad you told your daughter no. Some of these fads are dangerous, and kids don't realize it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ewww...I can't really stand the thought of eating a marshmallow, let alone cramming as many into my mouth as possible! Glad you shut that one down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a good way to cure yourself of liking marshmallows . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of the chubby bunny contest. I imagine if anyone loved them, that contest would be the cure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a funny story. I'll have to try it. Sounds like a fun thing to do especially at a boring party. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard of this challenge, but I never saw anyone do it. That was getting a bit gross at the end. I thought for sure she was going to choke on those marshmallows a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete