Mama Diaries

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Reading Fort

I think my nine-year-old son has an obsession with pillows.  He insisted on having a huge pile of them stacked up around him before he started reading his book.

"Bubba," I said.  "There's no way you're going to be able to read with all those pillows practically covering up your head!"

"I can read, Mama," he assured me.

I looked at the kid.  I could barely see him, and I wasn't convinced that he was actually reading in there.  "Bubba, please read out loud so I know you're doing what you're supposed to be doing."

He started reading.  It seemed he actually was reading the words on the pages. Fifteen minutes later, he was done.  He dug himself out of the pillow pile and plopped the book on the table.

"Was it really necessary to make a pillow fort like that?" I asked.

"Yeah, you never know when one of the monsters might jump out of the book and come looking for you!"

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wonder if he's had problems with monsters in the past? ;0)

      Delete
  2. haha pillows will keep any monster away

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to Bubba to find a new use for pillows! Now he's protected while he's reading. Good job, Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL He always has a great answer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You never know when scary creatures are going to leap off the pages!

      Delete
  6. Smart kid - can't argue with the monster logic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But what if a Boogie Man hides within the pillows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my boy has the Boogie Man contained in his closet. ;0)

      Delete
  8. Monsters are scared of pillows? Good to know! XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better hope there is no pillow eating monster

    ReplyDelete
  10. Musta been reading "Stephen King For Kidz."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol. What a thought! I can't stop laughing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids used to play Hug Fun, a game invented by Favorite Young Man. They put piles of pillows on the floor and threw themselves on them together while they hugged. It could get a little wild.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pillow protection. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does he read under the covers at night?

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL!!! That must be why my youngest creates a blanket fortress when he reads in bed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love comfy reading spots! er uh forts against monsters!!

    have a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete