Mama Diaries

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mama is Buried Alive!

I now know what it is like to be buried alive - under pillows!  Last night, the kids and I had movie night.  Instead of watching the movie, my nine-year-old son decided it would be great fun to bury me under all the pillows in the house.

He started with the sofa pillows.  Ten of them.  He piled them up, so all you could see was my face.  "Bubba," I said.  "I'd really like to see this movie.  Could you cut out the pillow piling?"

"No, Mama.  This is fun!"

Then he found sofa cushions and added them on top.

"Uh, Bubba," I said.  "It's kind of hard to breathe in here."

He didn't care.  He just added more pillows.

I tried to knock the pile off of me, but it was too heavy. I succeeded in knocking the ones off of my head, so at least I could breathe.

"Bubba.  Enough.  You're going to end up killing your Mama by burying her under too many pillows!"

Fortunately my daughter had some sense, and removed the pillows (much to my son's dismay).  Otherwise I might have just died under that pillow pile!  

38 comments:

  1. I'm the same way when a movie fails to hold my attention...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's surprising how heavy a pile of pillows can be!

      Delete
  3. Bubba is indeed savage. But I am guessing unlike the real thing you enjoyed your "buried alive" experience.

    Pages off Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...it was interesting for a while. Then it was just plain annoying! ;0)

      Delete
  4. good thing he didn't put the sofa on top of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do that to my brother. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buried alive by pillows? That certainly would've been a unique way to go! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering how unique I am, it wouldn't surprise me if I eventually meet my demise buried under piles of pillows! ;0)

      Delete
  7. Death by pillow pile sounds like a bad movie of the week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank heavens Bubba didnt' continue with his pillow-burying adventure! It sounds like quite a fun time. I don't think anyone in your family gets bored. )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you managed to escape! Happy Sunday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for faithful and quick-thinking daughters to the rescue! lol! The girls need to stick together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. I'm sure there's been many a mom who's been buried under pillows by her kids!

      Delete
  12. Now that would be an interesting way to die. Glad it didn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that would be horrible for two reasons. One, being smothered to death is no way to go. Two, I'd miss you. Glad, your sweet daughter saved the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, smothered by love!! Or, y'know, pillows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Better than being in sand, I guess.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which reminds me of the time I was partially buried by my son on the beach. Fortunately, he only buried my legs.

      Delete
  16. Sounds rather 'non-violent'...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds that way. But pillows can be surprisingly deceptive! ;0)

      Delete
  17. Good fun can go bad so fast... Glad you're still breathing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad they let you get some air. That would not be a very good way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no desire to be buried under pillows, again. That's for sure!

      Delete
  19. This scenario sounds all too familiar ... :)

    ReplyDelete