Mama Diaries

Friday, October 11, 2013

Dizzy Dog

My husband thought it would be a good idea to make our hundred pound German Shepherd spin in circles.  I kid you not.  Here's what happened:

At ten o'clock at night he took the dog out to play. And guess what he had with him?  A flashlight. He shined that thing on the ground and let the dog chase it.  Schultz was thrilled!  Back and forth across the yard Schultz ran. 

Then my husband got creative.  He shined the light so that Schultz would have to spin around in circles to chase it.  I've never seen a dog spin so fast!  

Eventually Schultz got so dizzy, he could barely stand up.

"What's the matter, Schultz?" my husband asked.

I looked at that guy.  "What do you think is matter?"

He shrugged and reversed the spin.  The dumb dog went in circles again.  He was so dizzy he looked like he was going to vomit.

"Enough!"  I said.  "Give the dog a break!"

Boys!

26 comments:

  1. I thought only cats fell for that trick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing, is that my cat could care less about lights and chasing things (and he also likes his tummy rubbed). My dog, on the other hand, thinks he's a cat. I think we're a little messed up over here!

      Delete
  2. Poor Schultz, I hope he recovered after that. I get dizzy thinking about it. At least Schultz must have used up lots of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! They have their own brand of fun, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys know how to have a good time - even if it means feeling sick afterwards!

      Delete
  4. Aw, poor Schultz! But at least he got some exercise this way? Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the poor dog, hope he is ok.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did that to my cat a few times.... they seem to like it actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear....poor Schultz!! I have to laugh at the image... but the poor dog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor pooch. Our younger son used to spin our dog around, too.The thing is, I got more upset about it than the dog did, though. Dogs are just happy to be playing, even if they can't walk a straight line afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad he didn't hurl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *LOL* Poor Schultz! It's something my hubby would do too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww..poor dog. It makes me laugh inwards when imagining it though. :)

    ReplyDelete