Mama Diaries

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A History Lesson

My daughter has been studying World War 1 and World War 2 in school.  She had a big test on the material, so she asked me to quiz her - at 10:30 at night.

I looked at her study sheet.  "Okay, what countries made up the Triple Entente?"

She thought about that.  "Russia, France, and ... GB."

I scrunched up my eyebrows.  "What's GB?"

"George Bush."

Okay.  (Would that be George H. or George W.?)

Next question.

"What event marked the end of World War 2?"

"The bombing of Nagasaki and Shampoo," my daughter answered.

"Shampoo?"

"Yeah.  Because I always mess up how to say Hiroshima.  I call it Shimohira, which sounds like "shampoo."

So, ladies and gentlemen, you have now learned that George Bush is a country, and that World War 2 ended with the explosion of a huge bottle of shampoo. 

25 comments:

  1. LOL! I don't think I want to live in George Bush country. At least with a shampoo explosion, it would be a clean end to a war. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Shampoo! I hope there was a rinse afterward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, shampoo is more deadly than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry your family are priceless, what a story.lol
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell her she has to learn to pronounce names and words correctly and it doesn't matter if they're not English. Your story is cute, and I know I seem harsh (I am), but she'll thank you later.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, blog mom, I made sure she could say the name correctly. She could. I think she was getting slap-happy from being overtired!

      Delete
  6. you should make her memorize the name of Hiroshima.... it's extremely important not something to take lightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. She does know the correct name. For our family especially, it is very important to us that our kids know all about World War 2. We lost many family members in the Holocaust.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. You never know what brilliant flashes of information you'll garner from this page!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. GB. Let's hope she doesn't write, George Bush on the test!

      Delete
  9. Ha! Poor shampoo bottle never stood a chance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor bottle. Poor people who had to be doused in shampoo!

      Delete
  10. LOL. You made me laugh out loud with that bottle of shampoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it really was a bottle of shampoo, and not a city!

      Delete
  11. That is so funny. I'll bet you're right. She was just over tired, but he knew all the right names. Your blogs are so much fun, even when you're talking about something serious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sherry, I learn something new everyday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She must have been overtired. I know I get a little silly when I'm overtired. Hope she did well on her test.

    ReplyDelete