Mama Diaries

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Force of Gravity

In case you haven't figured it out, my nine-year-old son, Bubba, has an interesting way of seeing the world.  He comes up with some brilliant thoughts.

Here was today's brilliant thought:

"Mama," he said.  "If we could dig a hole to the other side of the earth, would we be able to fall at the speed of light through it, and then continue into space?"

"Bubba," I said.  "I don't think you'd fall at the speed of light, but you'd go pretty fast. As far as continuing to space, I think the force of gravity would kick in, and send you back the other way."

He thought about that a second.  "That would be cool.  Then you could go back and forth bouncing from one side of the Earth to the other. They should invent an amusement park ride like that."

Uh, right. Can you imagine how long you'd have to stand in line to get a turn?

25 comments:

  1. A long time. I can also imagine how sick that would make me feel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So he wants a wormhole through the earth or an amusement ride. Try to get the various countries to agree to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd stand in that line! Definitely grounds for a proposal at Disney :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have Bubba write up a proposal and present it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Ugg, that would be one ride I'd avoid haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. He should sell that idea and be a child billionaire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea. Kind of scary, but brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant thought but not a ride I'd like to take.
    Happy week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not one I'd be too thrilled to try, either. Hope you enjoyed your weekend as well.

      Delete
  8. He's got his work cut out for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he starts now, maybe by the time he's 93, he'll be to the other side. ;)

      Delete
  9. his idea might destroy the planet one day if he starts drilling it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. I should discourage such an idea. ;)

      Delete
  10. LOL, I think an amusement park ride like that would make me queasy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Flying Dumbos at Disneyland are more my speed.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'd have to pass on that ride. Sounds too scary for me.

    ReplyDelete