Mama Diaries

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hot Rod Driver

I took my nine-year-old son to a pizza place for lunch today.   Inside was an arcade.

"Mama, can I play the video games?" he asked.

"Sure," I said.

He found a race car game. "I want to play this one!"

I gave him some tokens and let him go to town.  For the first run, he picked the Sonoma Valley option.  You should've seen him speed through those farm lands!  He banged into fences, plowed over a few cows, and knocked cars off the road.

"Bubba," I said when the ride was over.  "Only you could tear up cow country like that!"

He grinned.  "Can I play again?"

I nodded and gave him a few more tokens.  This time he chose the big city option.  Same thing.  He plowed into guard rails, construction vehicles, and buildings.  Then he decided to drive in a mall.  He killed a few screaming people in that place.  When he was done, he laughed.  "That was great!"

I just shook my head and led him out the door.

When we got to the car, he asked, "Mama, can I drive your car home?"

Right.  Not in a million years!

33 comments:

  1. Lol!

    I have been a driver for over twenty years and drove in various other countries too. Yet I downloaded a racing app for my Kindle Fire and keep hitting the guard rails, going off the track into the jungle and sea!

    Lol! Too funny!

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! And driving in real life is so much easier than driving one of those video games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing he won't get a license any time soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell him he can drive bumper cars next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He shouldn't do too much damage with those!

      Delete
    2. Hey Angela, I don't know if you come back to read my comments, but I've been trying to find your blog. I see your Google page, but that's it. Can you send me the link if you still have it?

      Delete
  5. *LOL* Luckily he has a few years before he's old enough to really drive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he's a little more careful in the real world. Okay. A lot more careful!

      Delete
  6. 16 is going to come awfully fast...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I don't blame you for not trusting him with your car!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah now letting him drive your car is a different story altogether, Time will soon pass before he is driving himself.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say you did the right thing by declining to let him drive your car at this time! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for affirming my wisdom in that decision!

      Delete
  10. Hahaha I wouldn't give him the keys just yet either... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so funny! Good thing no car keys are in the immediate future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarious. New generation of Fast and the Furious :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those poor cows and city people never had a chance. : (

    ReplyDelete