Mama Diaries

Monday, October 7, 2013

Wedding Plans

Sorry I've been a little remiss about posting.  This past weekend was my daughter's birthday, so we had family come visit.  I've also been ridiculously busy with other things.  So, I'll do my best to post every day, but don't be surprised if I don't show up on occasion.

My daughter is now the ripe old age of twelve.  I'm not sure if she's thinking about boys yet.  But she's certainly thinking about weddings.  She likes to watch the TV shows about brides picking out their dream dresses.  Mermaid dresses are her style of choice.

So when we went to Lake Lanier islands this weekend, she immediately felt it would be the perfect place for a wedding.  "Mom, I think I'll get married here.  The view is so beautiful!"

I looked at that girl.  "Married?  You're looking at water and sailboats and thinking about weddings?"

She grinned.  "Yeah."

"Girlfriend.  You're going to be thinking a long time.  Because you're not allowed to get married for at least another thirty years!"

My husband overheard the conversation.  "No.  Seventy years!"

Oy!

29 comments:

  1. I pity her first boyfriend. Actually, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes. Hopefully she won't spring her wedding plans on them too soon!

      Delete
  2. Seventy years?! Haha, such a typical dad response... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he'll need a wheel chair if he has to "walk" her down the aisle in 70 years! (Do you think he'll live to 115?)

      Delete
    2. Heh, medical advancements are happening all the time, so who knows! :P

      Delete
  3. yep, you first find the location and the dress and only then you search for a husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh man, I don't even want to think about how much that's going to cost!

      Delete
  5. Ha- 70 years! Let's see if she sticks to that-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't think I'll be around to see it if she waits that long!

      Delete
  6. Hehehe! I hope your daughter finds a very brave beau. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. My husband already has planned the horrible things he will inflict on her dates!

      Delete
  7. Time to start saving! Hope your daughter had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope her birthday was fun! She's already planning her wedding so I guess you won't have many surprises! And you'll have plenty of time to save up. D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between that and college, I'm going to need a better-paying job!

      Delete
  9. She'll probably have an amazing wedding, since she's got such a good start on the planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she will. I hope she's doing a little saving for it!

      Delete
  10. Weddings are on a girl's mind earlier these days.
    Has she picked her bridemaids?
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heehee. Hopefully she'll marry someone nice and pliable who is happy to let her plan EVERYTHING...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your daughter!

    Maybe she's young enough that you can plants the seeds of "simple yet elegant." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'll do my best to convince her. But she does have a mind of her own!

      Delete
  13. LOL! My almost 13 yr old has been thinking about marriage since his first crush at age 10. Of course it doesn't help that he had girls chasing him and saying they wanted to marry him from the ripe old age of 4. Poor kid.

    Hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete