Mama Diaries

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Doggy Wash

Last week it was a car wash.  This week it's a doggy wash.  Our hundred pound German Shepherd was in need of a bath.  He smelled like dirty socks, which is never a good thing.

"Woman," my husband called.  "Would you be interested in helping me wash this dog?"

Not really.  But I agreed to do it.

We went outside.  It was my job to hold the beast while the operation took place.  I had him on a leash, but at times, it was necessary to hold him by the collar. 

My husband sprayed the oversized fur ball down with the garden hose.  He sprayed me, too.

"Excuse, me," I said.  "Could you try not to soak me?"

He grinned.  Then he soaped up the creature.  Of course soap got on me.

The dog wriggled and squirmed as he was dowsed in cold water. Then he shook, spraying me with more  soap suds and water.

"Schultz!" I hollered. 

He shook again.

By the time it was done, I was covered in soap suds, water, and dog hair.

And that's the story of yet another wash for the mama!

 

45 comments:

  1. Schultz always manages to give you an adventure, even when it's bath day for him. You should give him counseling so he understands bath days for him are not supposed to include you. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he figured if he had to have a cold bath, I had to have one, too!

      Delete
  2. I'd assign that job to the dad and the kids! Water and soap - ok, dog hair, not ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I have small dogs. It's not like they don't shake but you can take a shower with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Schultz shakes, it's like a storm dumped on you!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post I could imagine the proceedings.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry, I nominated you for an award. Please stop by www.dhdunne.blogspot.com to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a smelly business I wouldn't enjoy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doggy shampoo isn't bad. It's the dirty sock part that stinks!

      Delete
  7. Lol! I'd pass that job down to Dad and kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Care to come scrub down my deck next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, whenever a dog gets a bath, all the surrounding humans never fail to get one, too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I'm with T. Drecker!

    Have a great Sunday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like your hubby had the easy job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both jobs were messy. He had the scrub job, but at least he could get out of the way when Schultz shook himself!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Yeah. If it wasn't for the dog hair, I'd be sparkly clean!

      Delete
  13. Someone trying to tell you something? lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. No kids available to help with the washing of Schultz?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so thoughtful of your family to keep you clean.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is why we take our 100lb dog to a parlor. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another reason why I prefer cats. Less maintenance. Oh, and they're easier to move around. =) --Not that we own any pets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cat is much easier to deal with than Schultz!

      Delete
  18. If I played that trick--washing the wife instead of or along with the dog--they'd be hell to pay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I guess I'm a little more easy-going than most women! ;)

      Delete
  19. Ugh. Few things smell nastier than wet dog, although wet shampooed dog doesn't smell that bad. And I think your hubby was having some fun at your expense! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you'd have to wear swimsuit next time you give Schultz a bath. :) Lucky for me, mine is just a cat so I could easily give him a bath inside the shower. I end up getting completely soaked too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bathing suit is probably a good idea, unless it's 50 degrees outside!

      Delete