Mama Diaries

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cat Party

Bootsy, our cat, has apparently made a few friends.  When I looked out the kitchen window, onto my back deck, I saw him lounging lazily on the porch rail.  And then I looked again.  There was another cat, a white one with brown and orange splotches sitting on the table.  I looked at her.  She looked at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She stared at me, her eyes wide.

Apparently Bootsy didn't care, because he wasn't chasing her away.

Then I looked again.  Another cat - a white one, was sitting under the chair.

"Bootsy, what are you doing out there with all these cat friends?"

He got up and stretched.

I went outside.  All the cats but Bootsy took off.  "Sorry,  Bootsy.  I'm sending your lady friends home.  We will not have a cat party on my deck today, thank you very much!" 

33 comments:

  1. LOL He's Mr. Popularity! Either that, or your house is just the place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He must have a way with the ladies!

      Delete
    2. Yeah... I was going to guess that he has it 'going on!'

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  2. Good one, Pat! When cats party, you know what comes next,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing I thought ahead on that one, or we'd have a few kittens added to the collection!

      Delete
  3. Great story Sherry, love cats, brought memories of my diabetic cat called Tabitha.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like cats, too, but I really don't want to be a cat lady! ;)

      Delete
  4. LOL! Bootsy is quite popular with the other cats. And who doesn't love a cat party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. my cats have their friends, they even had a pet dog... and now they only have their pet frogs.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cats have pet frogs? I think my cat would eat our pet frog! ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh, those flirty cats~ Bootsy is quite the popular man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He most certainly is. I probably don't want to know what goes on at night!

      Delete
  7. HA! Cat party!
    I have a cat named Thomas, he doesn't care for other cats.
    He comes in and out, he is more concerned about how much food is in his bowl. He also likes ice in his water dish. I spoiled him by giving him some that fell out of the freezer once, and now he just expects it every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cats! My cat gets upset if he isn't fed on time. What an attitude (or is that cattitude?).

      Delete
  8. *LOL* Bootsy is the neighborhood party tomcat! Don't let him give Schultz any ideas for a doggy party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bootsy is very sociable. Maybe her friends were welcoming her to the neighborhood! D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hah! Good thing all those cats ran off, before the cat party had a chance to turn into a...catastrophe! XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. A day in the life of Bootsy; loved that little cat tale. The ladies of a feline nature were probably checking out the new hunk tomcat on the block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably were. He's a good looking cat for sure!

      Delete
  12. i too have a cat party on days and i don't even have a cat--very cute story :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some homes are the popular hangout spots for the neighborhood kids. Yours is the popular hangout spot for the cats. : )

    ReplyDelete