Mama Diaries

Friday, October 4, 2013

The Vanished Knight Book Release and the Spritz Drink


 
 


Misha Gerrick has a new book out, and I'm helping to spread the word.  It's called The Vanished Knight.  Here's the blurb:

The Black Knight, Nordaine’s crown prince, has no legitimate blood heirs, meaning someone must be appointed to succeed him. With two of the candidates’ families willing to kill for the appointment and the third candidate being seen as a threat to all, peace is balanced on a sword’s edge.
But then the Black Knight vanishes.
Darrion and Gawain, two of his possible heirs, set out to find him, but after they rescue an earth-girl from Merithian soldiers, they discover she has possible ties to Nordaine. Not only that, but Callan Blair could be an Elvish princess. And war looms on the horizon…


You can find The Vanished Knight on Amazon.

Congratulations, Misha!




Now for the Spritz Drink:

I walked into my daughter's room to help her with her homework last night.  What did I find her doing? Spraying water into her mouth with a spray bottle.

"Excuse me," I said.  "Why are you sucking on a spray bottle?"

"Because I'm thirsty," she replied.

I looked on her night stand.  There was an empty glass sitting there.  "Why don't you act like a civilized human being and get yourself a glass of water?"

She picked up the glass and looked at it.  Then she sprayed water from her bottle into it and took a sip.

I shook my head.  "Girlfriend, why don't you just go to the kitchen, and fill it up with water from the refrigerator or tap?"

"It tastes better when it's spritzed."

Right.  It couldn't be that she's just being a lazy teenager who doesn't want to walk twenty feet to get herself a glass of water!  Could it?

 

32 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Misha! Awesome cover. And she didn't even know today would happen so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Misha! So nice of you to spread the word. And I snorted when your daughter sprayed the water into the glass. Good times. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you weren't drinking water when you snorted! ;)

      Delete
  3. I’ll have to see if a ‘spritzed’ drink tastes better. Most things do taste better when carbonated… That’s a fascinating cover, and the book sounds interesting, as well. I’ll have to look into it (and it’s nice of you to highlight it).

    Diana at Diana Wilder – About Myself, by Myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally think it tastes a little plastic-y. You'll have to let me know what you think. ;)

      Delete
  4. Spritzing is probably some fad. It will go away.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not if my daughter has anything to say about it. ;)

      Delete
  5. congrats to Misha, 'tis one of the better covers we've seen!

    And the daughter has a creative way of drinking water :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Misha on your book! And I couldn't help but to laugh about your daughter drinking her water that way, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Misha and I think you're right about your daughter. Half the time, I can't understand young kids today either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she's found a really creative way to drink water. And congrats to Misha-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Misha! I remember my neighbor did that for a long while when she was young. She'd not drink anything that wasn't spritzed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well at least she is drinking water

    ReplyDelete
  11. I drink plenty of water, enjoyed the story Sherry,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Misha's cover is stunning. I love how lush the colors are!

    Also, spritzed water doesn't seem like it'd be all that refreshing, but hey, maybe that's just me, heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misha's cover looks great! I'm with you on the spritzing. It's definitely not my preferred way to drink water!

      Delete
  13. LOL.

    Yay, Misha! I can't wait to read it.

    I hear that when food is aerated, the flavors are better. Maybe it works the same with water. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Misha! And isn't she a little young for spritzers?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Congratulations Misha! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to Misha! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete