Mama Diaries

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Missing Kid

I took my son to the grocery store today. He insisted on getting one of those carts that looks like a police car in the front. He crawled inside and I pushed him around the store. After I had finished collecting a mountain of food, I pushed my big cart to the check out counter. The lady rang up my stuff while I talked with her. I pulled up the cart so that the bagger could load it up. When we were finished I proceeded to leave the store. I saw my son's hat through the back window of the police car, so I thought everything was just fine.

On the way out, in the lobby of the store, I saw one of my son's former preschool teachers. I said "hi" to her. She absolutely did not recognize me. I thought though, that she would see my son and comment. She did not. "Hmmm," I thought, "I wonder what's going on here."

That's when I walked to the front of the cart to peek inside the police car. I wanted to see what my son was up to. He had been rather quiet. Guess what? He wasn't there! (His hat was though.)

I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

I quickly went back to the check out area. I spotted him right away. Do you know where he was? He was standing in front of the lottery machine trying to get instant lottery tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment