Mama Diaries

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Soap Production

"Woman!" my husband bellowed from his office. "What do you have cooking in the microwave?"

"Glycerin soap," I responded.

"What?" My husband could not believe his ears. "Woman, don't you know you don't cook soap?"

Now I admit, I have made some culinary disasters, but this wasn't one of them. I was actually working on making soaps with my daughter. She wanted to sell them at her school sale. The directions in the soap-making kit said that I needed to microwave the squares of soap. So I dutifully melted soap in the microwave. We mixed in the scents and coloring and poured them into molds. We waited 45 minutes for them to harden, and then popped them out.

When they were finished, I showed them to my husband. "See, you can cook soap in a microwave!"

No comments:

Post a Comment