Wednesday, October 30, 2013
The Sunshine Award
I'd like to thank Deanie Humphrys- Dunne for giving me the Sunshine Blogger Award. Isn't it pretty? So here's how this little thing works: I have to answer eleven questions, and then nominate eleven other bloggers to do the same.
Here are the questions:
1. What is your favorite vacation place? Hmm. That's a tough one. I guess it depends on what kind of vacation I want. If I want cosmopolitan, I'd vote for Paris. That's such a great city, and every time I go, I see something new. If I want to relax, Bora Bora is the place to be!
2. What is your favorite dessert? Ice cream! Followed by chocolate, and cake, and cookies, and pie. Yes, I have a major sweet tooth!
3. What is your favorite season? Autumn! I love the colors of the leaves and the smell of the air. I also tend to do more baking, so the house smells good, too!
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? Spare time? Are you kidding? If I had spare time, I'd travel, read more, practice my instruments, and hike on nature trails.
5. Where would you like to live if you could choose anywhere? Actually, I've lived all over the place, and believe it or not, my favorite place is a little town called Lakewood in Ohio, near Cleveland. Isn't that crazy?
6. What's your favorite color? Red!
7. What's the most exciting thing that has happened to you this year? Well, a lot has happened this year! I got to travel almost nine hundred miles with a cat in my car as we moved to Georgia. That was exciting. Sort of. And I got an agent for my chapter book series. That was more exciting. I'm playing with a new orchestra, which is fun and exciting. And I'm a director of a new foundation that's going to promote humanitarian efforts all over the world. That's really exciting!
8. Tell us something about yourself we might not already know. Something you don't know? I've done a lot of these, so I have to dig deep for this one. Okay. When I was six years old, I had a very high fever from pneumonia - 105 degrees. I remember seeing caterpillars crawling all over me. It was scary! I was hospitalized for it. Fortunately I got better, but the illness scared my parents so much that they decided to move me to Florida where the weather was better. And that's how I ended up in Florida when I was a kid.
9. Do you have a pet? Ha! Do I have a pet? What kind of silly question is that for the Mama? Yes. I have a pet. I used to have 26 pets, but we got rid of a few for the move. Now I'm down to three - a cat, a dog, and a frog.
10. What's your favorite kind of pet? One that doesn't poop, pee, or shed.
11. What did you like doing most when you were a kid? I always enjoyed building sand castles and searching for fiddler crabs at the beach. I also liked reading, writing, and playing a little keyboard I had. I guess I haven't changed much!
Now I'm supposed to select 11 other bloggers, which isn't going to happen, because the great majority of you already have a lot of followers or have received this award before. So, I'll select some bloggers who would probably appreciate a boost in followers. (But if you would like this award, feel free to grab it!)
Here are the few:
A Little Light Reading
If you are selected, or wish to participate in this little award game, just use the same questions I answered.
Thanks again, Deanie!
Posted by Sherry Ellis at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
LOL! Spare time. I'm right there with you, and it was eerie reading your answers--like I'd answered the question myself but was reading it on your blog. Ooh! You know what they say about great minds? (They think alike.) And so do ours...ReplyDelete
Ha! Yes, I thought you might have a great mind!Delete
Caterpillars? Creepy. Glad you were all right.ReplyDelete
Spare time - never heard of it.
And I've traveled and lived all over as well - a small town in Ohio doesn't sound odd at all.
It was a very "homey" kind of town. And I loved living on the shores of Lake Erie.Delete
If you've got a sweet tooth, the south is the place to be. They have so many variations on sweet. Those southern treats are highly requested here in the northwest.ReplyDelete
As for places lived, I tend to gravitate to cities, as I grew up in a small town and was bored to distraction.
I'd be bored in a truly small town. Lakewood was unique. It was very urban, with lots of stuff to do, but it had a certain charm to it.Delete
We definitely share the sweet tooth! I've been eating tons of chocolate lately. :)ReplyDelete
I bet! And there's probably more chocolate in your future when your kids get done trick-or-treating!Delete
Caterpillars you say? Glad they went away. Bora Bora is the place to go indeed hahaReplyDelete
I was completely freaked out by the caterpillars. My mom kept trying to tell me they weren't real, but I didn't believe her!Delete
Congratulations on a well deserved award.ReplyDelete
Hi Sherry, it was fun to read your answers. Thanks for sharing them. That must have been really frightening for you and your parents when you were sick. Something similar happened to me, but we didn't move away. Glad you're enjoying your award. DReplyDelete
I was constantly sick. I think the pneumonia thing just pushed them over the edge.Delete
It's amazing that your parents moved to Florida so you'd be in a different climate. My parents would have said, Aw, it's her own damn fault she was sick.ReplyDelete
Sounds like my parents were a bit more kind-hearted than yours!Delete
Everybody's parents were more kind hearted than mine. That's a terrible thing to say. They were generous at times. I have to remember to focus on the good parts of our lives.Delete
#7is full of such wonderful things- congrats on them all!ReplyDelete
Thanks! It's been a busy year. And now you can get a glimpse of just why it's so hard for me to post here every day!Delete
Congratulations on the award! Loved reading about you.ReplyDelete
I like reading what other people have to say about themselves when they receive awards like this, too.Delete
Great pet answer! grin.ReplyDelete
I wish they made real pets like that!Delete
Thank you for nominating me for this award! I really appreciate it. :)ReplyDelete
Wow, you had a lot of pets! Currently, I have two dogs, but I really would like to add a bunny and a cat to the addition. XD Thanks again!
You're welcome. I look forward to reading your answers!Delete
I like Autumn too! We haven't had it for years here, since summer would turn into winter almost immediately, but this year we're enjoying real Fall againReplyDelete
Glad to hear you're having a good autumn!Delete
CONGRATS on your award!ReplyDelete
Congrats on the blog award! Autumn is easily my favorite season, too. And wow, you weren't kidding about a lot happening this year. I'm surprised you're able to blog as much as you do because of it!ReplyDelete
It has been really crazy at my pad! But it's all good!Delete
A pet rock doesn't poop, pee, or shed. But, they're a drag to walk. You gotta do all the work.ReplyDelete
Al, you're brilliant! Maybe I'll get one of those and drag it along behind me on a leash. ;0)Delete