Mama Diaries

Friday, October 5, 2012

Birthday Celebrations!

Hey everybody, it's party time at my pad!  My daughter turns eleven today.  I can't believe how fast the time has flown!  Anyway, I'm getting ready for the big chocolate-themed birthday party, so I don't have a lot of time to write.

But I wanted to also let you know that my daughter is not the only one celebrating a birthday, today.  Author, Christine Rains, is celebrating, too, and she's giving away free copies of her book.  Be sure to stop by her blog and wish her Happy Birthday! 


So, Christine, this is for you -  a pretty cool rendition of Happy Birthday, by a talented violinist, Rachel Barton Pine.  Have a fabulous day!  (And if you want to stop by for the party, come on over - you're only a couple  of hours down the road from me!)



Now I'm going to go bake cake.  Chocolate of course!

24 comments:

  1. Happy Chocolate Birthday to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll let her know you sent birthday greetings!

      Delete
  2. Yay for 11th year birthdays. Hope your daughter has a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate. Yeah, chocolate. I'll be there in five minutes, ten tops, to help you get ready. I'll be the taste tester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY to your daughter! I hope she has a wonderful chocolate themed party.

    Happy birthday to Christine, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a great time! I'll post about it tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. Hope your daughter has a great birthday, with all the candy around, sure to make everyone hyper, even I bet the hound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your daughter! Sounds like a fun party. :) And now I have to add chocolate to our grocery list. Suddenly, I have a craving... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. put up pics please--i love the sound of a chocolate party--happy birthday to your daughter and thanks for telling us about christine's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post a pic or two tomorrow. It was a great party, but I'm still trying to unbury myself from all the chocolate and candy wrappers!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful music. My sister plays the violin as well.
    Happy Birthday again to your daughter.
    Don't eat too much chocolate cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel Barton Pine is an excellent violinist! I like listening to her play.

      Would you believe I did not have one piece of chocolate or chocolate cake at the party? How did that happen? LOL!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much! And happy birthday to your daughter. My son picked out a chocolate cake for me today that had smiley faces on it. Good cake, but the icing the stores make these days is real sweet! Hope everyone enjoys the chocolate party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a cute cake! Glad you had a great birthday!

      Delete
  10. I wish your daughter a happy birthday. She must be so thrilled and all the kids with all the chocolate and candy. Happy baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope she had a wonderful birthday! I'm sure pictures are forthcoming. Wish I still lived in Ohio! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - you could've come! It was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  12. Thank you! I let her know you sent birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, a happy belated birthday to your little (now 11!) one! xoxox

    ReplyDelete