Mama Diaries

Monday, October 15, 2012

Hungry Dog

My husband had just finished gnoshing on a Subway sandwich.  He threw the remains in the garbage and took off to go do whatever he does.

Two seconds later, our German Shepherd, Schultz, stuck his big black snoot in the garbage to investigate.

"Schultz," I said.  "Get out of the garbage!"

He gave me one of his looks.  I gave him one of mine.

He walked away.  I figured that was the end of it.  I went off to do my work.  A couple minutes later, I heard a funny ripping noise.  I went to the kitchen to investigate.  Sure enough, Schultz was tearing apart the Subway wrapper, trying to get at the sandwich.

I grabbed that thing from him.  "No, Schultz!"

I threw it in the garbage and gave him another look.  I  kept an eye on him for a few minutes, then went back to my work.

Three minutes later, he was at it again.

"Schultz, crate!"

He gave me a pathetic look with his soulful brown eyes and marched off to his crate.  Now he's in jail.

So I don't know what the problem was.  Either I don't make mean enough faces, or he just really likes Subway sandwiches with turkey, pepperjack cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, salt, and pepper!

13 comments:

  1. I don't know, Sherry. You don't look like you could make a mean face . . . ever. At least Schultz was obedient and shuffled off to jail by himself! Although, I've told you a zillion times that I love your dog so I might just have to send him a cake with a file baked into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm sure my kids can tell you that I make plenty of mean faces! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I think it's a combination of both; you're too sweet and Subway is too good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Who can resist a Subway sandwich like that?

      Delete
  3. Well, if you ever fed that poor little dog he wouldn't root in the garbage. Your husband should also join the Clean Platers Club.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. He just didn't want to let food go to waste, until he let it drop out in the yard haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah, he's a member of the clean plate club.

      Delete
  5. Ha! The same with my dog --I think they are like the mischievous kids, when we are not looking, they think they can getaway:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister has a lab, Stella, is steals food off the kitchen counter. She was ate a steak that was ready to go out to the grill. Another time, she cleanly ate a plate of cooked eggs for breakfast with no sign that she'd done a thing. Tell Schultz that I like Subway, too. You obviously aren't mean enough. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are so funny! I'll have to work on the meanness factor. LOL!

      Delete
  7. LOL, poor Schultz! The remains of the Subway sandwich must have been calling out to him.

    ReplyDelete