Mama Diaries

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Peanut Muncher

My daughter received a package in the mail that was loaded with a bunch of styrofoam peanuts. After she had taken out the item that was inside, she left the box on the floor.

"You had better clean that up," I said, "or you-know-who is going to mess with it!"

"Yeah, Mom," she said.  "Later."

Later never came.  But you-know-who did.  Yes, our furry German Shredder, Schultz, made an appearance and stuck his big black snoot in the box.  He sniffed around, and decided that those peanuts looked good enough to eat.  He grabbed a mouthful.  A couple got impaled on his bottom fangs.

That dog shook himself like a mad man trying to get those things off.  And then he pawed at his face. You should've seen it!

"Schultz," I said.  "Come here, you goofball."

I made him stay still and slid the peanuts off of his teeth. (Fortunately, he didn't eat my fingers!)

"Next time, stick with doggy kibbles!"  

We'll see if he listens.

18 comments:

  1. This made me chuckle. Very cute. As always, I love your dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOL* Silly dog! I got a package last week that had way too many peanuts in it, and of course, a toddler in the house plus packing peanuts equals I'm still finding them everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanuts drive me nuts! They have a way of dispersing everywhere!

      Delete
  3. haha maybe now he'll think twice before eating styrofoam, my cat likes to eat it too, they never learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You capture these little things in life which raises million of hopes to know how wonderful life is. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would he listen? Dog is king.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry - it is so funny when they eat something that turns out to be not so edible or too hot etc ... glad your fingers were left in tact ..

    Cheers Hilary

    PS thanks for a recent comment - I took it out of spam (don't ask me why!) .. and blogger has lost it - such is life ...

    This I expect will go to your spam too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm glad my fingers weren't eaten. I need them!

      I got the comment, so apparently it didn't go to spam. :)

      Delete
  7. Schultz, white styrofoam peanuts are bad! Hope he didn't swallow any of them. Would hate to think of what might happen then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably nothing would've happened. I just would've had some interesting stuff to clean up when it came out the other end. ;)

      Delete