Mama Diaries

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Where's My Soup?

I seem to have a bit of a cold.  It's not horrible, but I'm definitely not in tip top shape.   I decided to make myself some chicken noodle soup, because chicken noodle soup always seems to help.  When it was done, I scooped it into a bowl.  I put it on the table, and was about to start eating it, when I heard a voice.

"Mama, I need you!"  It was my son.

I put down the spoon and went upstairs to see what he needed.  Apparently he was having some trouble with his homework.  I sat down and helped him.

When I was done, I went back to my bowl of soup.  Except the bowl was empty.  "Who ate my soup?" I asked.

I looked at my daughter.  "I didn't," she said.

I looked at Schultz, our German Shepherd.  He cocked his head and looked at me like he had no idea what I was talking about.

Then I looked at my husband who was parked on the couch in front of the TV.  "Did you eat my soup?"

He ignored me.    I'm thinking he's the one who ate my soup.  What do you think?

(I had to settle for a bowl of instant oatmeal which I almost blew up in the microwave - but that's another story.)

26 comments:

  1. I'm guessing either the husband or the dog ate the soup. Very sneaky.

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your husband ignored you, then he's automatically the guilty party. Come to my house. I'll give you soup and no one will eat it. I'll guard it with my life. Besides, our weather is beautiful now.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! And of course you know all about men, don't you! LOL! I may take you up on your soup offer. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I just got over flu and I can just imagine that you are not feeling so great and then you still have other individuals needs to consider too. I hope you get better soon. If it was at all possible for me to email you chicken soup, I would definitely do it for you. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be an interesting concept: chicken soup delivered via email. I like it! Hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  4. Try again, just make a big pot of soup. It's getting to be that time of weather. Chicken soup from scratch is even better. The chicken smell probably got to hubby, but the dog could do a better job of getting rid of the evidence.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will make another pot of soup. And this time I'll keep a good eye on the dog and husband! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I think your husband might be the guilty party (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well he just didn't want it to get cold, although Schultz I would not trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now why in the world wouldn't you trust Schultz? LOL!

      Delete
  7. The hubby did it for sure! :)

    Lovely post, and makes me want soup too!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the hubby guess. I am feeling better. Thanks for the well-wishes!

      Delete
  8. Sorry but I can't help feeling amused imagining the scene where you're looking at each of them wondering who did it with Schutlz reaction. Your hubby might be behind it.
    You also made me laugh at the message you posted on the shoe store. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shoe store looked like an awesome place to shop! I'll have to visit you one of these days and we can go shop there together. ;)

      Delete
  9. Hi, Sherry! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I was thinking of making some homemade soup for my guys, sometime later this week. Chicken soup might be a good one to make. I think it was your hubby that ate your soup, because he never answered you back when you asked if he ate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is mysterious! Husband! Since either your daughter or your hubby would have caught and stopped Schultz from eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's quite the mystery! Hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahaha yeah I think you're right. Hope you feel better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm feeling better. That half-blown-up oatmeal must've done the trick! LOL!

      Delete
  13. Hope you made new soup and are feeling better now?

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete