Mama Diaries

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Snowball Fight

The Frankenstorm has arrived here in Cincinnati. It dumped some snow on us - more than we had all year last year.  (By the way, if any of you are in areas of flooding or serious weather damage, my thoughts and prayers are with you!)

I went outside this morning to unbury my car.  My kids watched as I brushed away the snow.  That gave them a brilliant idea.  Before I knew it, they were hurling snowballs at me.

"Hey," I said.  "Give me a break here!"

No break for me.  They pelted me with those wet, hard balls.  One even landed in my pocket.

"Okay," I said.  "You asked for it."  I made my own ammunition and fired.  Pretty soon we were engaged in a major snowball battle.  We finally had to call a truce so we could get to the bus stop.

When we got there, the battle resumed.  This time my son decided to pelt some other parents.  Well you know what happened next.  The parents fought back.  It was epic.  By the time the bus arrived, parents and kids were covered with snow.

Nothing like a little hurricane when it's thirty degrees outside! 

19 comments:

  1. hahaha that sounds like a great time, even though I hate snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in Canada and you hate snow? Seriously? LOL!

      Delete
  2. Way to go parents, sounds like a good time for all! We mostly had high winds and rain here in Michigan. My son is hoping for snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope he gets some so he can have a snowball fight!

      Delete
  3. You always paint such a beautiful picture of pure family fun and love! That's probably the biggest reason I love your blog! And Schultz, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. Thanks! And Schultz sends you a big, slobbery lick!

      Delete
  4. Hey Sherry,
    I love snow! We were only hit by gale force winds, but didn't lose power. It's rather warm today. I agree with Judy's comments. You did paint a beautiful picture. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you didn't lose power! I feel really bad for all the people who did!

      Delete
  5. What fun parents you all are. So many would yell at the kids to stop.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The way I see it, is you can't be serious all the time!

      Delete
  6. Yay, a big snowball fight. I can imagine the scene so vividly and I love that other parents joined in the great fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine the fight. I can see it all. I can hear the laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like quite a snowball fight. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I hadn't had one of those in a long time!

      Delete