Mama Diaries

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Brain-damaged Beast

Schultz, our two-year-old German Shepherd, likes to play rough.  That beast is downright dangerous when he's pulling on his tug. In fact, he scratched up my face pretty good one time when he jumped for it.  I'm lucky I didn't lose an eyeball!

Today, I took that hundred-pound creature outside to play.  I threw him his rubber ball which is attached to a rope.  "Fetch," I said.

He bounded off like a bullet and brought that thing back to me.  "Good boy," I said.  "Now drop it."

Apparently he didn't feel like dropping it.  He felt like thrashing his head from side to side.  The ball swung back and forth from the rope, bonking him on the head.

"Goofball, what the heck are you doing?"

He kept bonking himself.  This went on for a good five minutes.  Finally, he stopped. 

He dropped the ball toy and stumbled sideways.  He looked like he was drunk.

"What's the matter, boy?  Did you beat yourself up?"

He looked at me - one ear straight up, the other tipped to the side.  I shook my head.

It is now two hours later, and his ear is still tipped to the side.  I think he has permanent brain damage.  What do you think? 

22 comments:

  1. Wow that is kind of a weird thing to do, maybe he needs to eat a fresh batch of poo to make him feel better hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi new follower here *waves* your blog look lots of fun. Animals do the weirdest things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Yes, and my animal does the weirdest things of all! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Maybe you should keep an eye on him. Is he walking normally? Is he excessively sleepy? It's so hard to tell sometimes if something is really wrong. Scout spins in circles chasing his tail. He's not the brightest crayon in the box.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schultz is fine now, so the bonking effects were just temporary (I think).

      Delete
  4. I have a goofy dog. I think he probably go carried away and played to hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. Animals have no self-control!

      Delete
  5. I haven't had a dog in ages, so I wouldn't know. I like Janie's comment though about keeping an eye on him. I hope he's okay xoxox

    New Giveaway on the Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's okay. Both ears are sticking up straight now.

      Delete
  6. Silly Schultz! I think a good nap will make him feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a nap was exactly what he needed. He's as good as new now.

      Delete
  7. He'll sleep it off :)

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know much about dogs. Hope Schultz is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schultz is fine. He just got a little carried away.

      Delete
  9. dogs are so adorably dumb! mine does the same thing, only he's a yellow lab (like marley)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's a goofball just like my dog, Indy. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete