Mama Diaries

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ghosts in the Cave

Today I took the kids to the Cincinnati Museum Center.  If you're ever in the Cincinnati area, it's definitely a place to check out!

Anyway, in the natural history part of the museum, there is a cave complex.  It's supposed to look like the Mammoth Caves of Kentucky.  My kids love this section, because it's dark, and the pathways are narrow and winding.  There are also lots of cracks and crevices and secret places to hide.

My kids must've been in the Halloween spirit, because they decided it would be cool to make ghost noises as we wandered through that place. (I'm sure the other visitors were wondering what the heck was going on when they heard their mysterious sounds echoing through the caverns.)

They ran ahead, darting in and out of the shadows.  Then I lost them.  "Hey, where are you guys?" I called. 

No answer.

I walked on farther.  I passed one of those cracks and crevices.  And guess what happened?  Out jumped my kids!  "Boo!" they shouted.

I nearly had a heart attack.  "What are you trying to do?  Turn me into a ghost?"

They gave me an evil laugh and continued with their scary ghost sounds.

Kids!

18 comments:

  1. Naughty children, frightening Mummy! You're very brave about going in there. I got claustrophobic in Tom Sawyer's cave at Disneyland. I couldn't see in the dark and the walls of the "cave" closed in on me. I don't know if they still have the cave at Disneyland. I haven't been there in years. I think I liked everything about it except that cave.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that - frightening "mummy!" Cute!

      I've never been in the Tom Sawyer cave at Disneyland. If there were lots of people in it, I don't think I'd like it either!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun afternoon. My two little ones are grown up and dating, but for some reason I made a meal today that could feed an army. Only problem, it's only me and my husband to eat it. Oops.
    Cherish those sweet, sweet memories, and through this blog what a wonderful written history in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making someone jump is part of the fun. And you've got still got 10 more days before Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! What else are they going to do to me? LOL!

      Delete
  4. haha at least they had fun and now you know your heart can still take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like thy had way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it should be illegal to have that much fun! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Other than getting scared, it sounds like it was a great outing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like they had a great time. Always fun to scare the adult! I have a brother in Oxford so when I visited him we went there. It is such a wonderful place. President Obama acutally visited there when we were there before he was actually running last time. My brother got a pic of one of his sons shaking his hand. We had no idea who he was at the time.

    ReplyDelete