Mama Diaries

Monday, October 22, 2012

Schultz Strikes Again

Time for another Schultz story.  Our rather large German Shepherd is a little bit crazy.  I'm sure you already knew that, though.  Sometimes he has what we lovingly call, "berserks." These are incidents when he completely loses control, and runs around the house in circles as fast as he can go. Usually these little attacks are harmless.  The worst thing that happens, is that the area rugs slide out of place, and claw marks track up our carpet.

The one he had today, though, was another story.  I was upstairs working on my manuscript, when I heard the familiar sound of the dog galloping through the house.  My husband was cheering him on, "Ole!"

Around and around he went.  Then all of a sudden...CRASH!

Uh oh.

I heard the sound of glass breaking, and it sounded like something very large had fallen over.

I went downstairs to investigate.

On the floor, was a broken vase.  The flowers that were inside lay scattered on the ground.  The table the flowers were on, was knocked over.  And Schultz and my husband?  They were standing in the corner looking as guilty as could be.

"All right, boys," I said.  "What just happened here?"

"Um, Schultz had a little trouble making the turn," said my husband. 

Uh huh.

I went into the kitchen and found a dustpan and broom.  I handed them to my husband.  "You get to clean up!"

Then I went back upstairs and continued my work.    

13 comments:

  1. It reminds me of my cat acting crazy sometimes hiding behind the wall and then jumping out at me especially when I'm holding a tray of food. Haha a large dog bolting around like crazy in the room sliding on the floor skidding to a stop to make a u-turn... Schultz is hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what short circuits in that beast's brain, but it is hilarious to watch him having one of those berserks!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Your stories about Schultz are so funny and so familiar sounding to a woman with three furry boys. My fellas like to run in circles around a big plant in the back yard. I can see their claw marks in the dirt.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha at least the cat going whacko has less of a chance of knocking things over and hey, at least they had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cat never goes whacko. He's too civilized for that! LOL!

      Delete
  4. This sounds just like my husband and my dogs! How funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe! My cats do that too, but thankfully they are much smaller than German shepherds. They still manage to knock things over every so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. A hundred pound beast whipping around the house can do a lot of damage!

      Delete
  6. How cute - the story I mean, the situation probably wasn't that much fun with the broken vase and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that vase. I went to the store and got another, but it just isn't the same. LOL!

      Delete
  7. "Big" boys... little boys... doggy-boys... it doesn't matter! Boys will be boys! Full of their tricks. We have to accept that! he! he!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, my dogs do that too. All three of them get going, and I swear the whole house shakes.


    *Erin

    ReplyDelete