Mama Diaries

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Flour Sandwich

It's party time at my place again.  The never-ending birthday celebration continues.  This time, we have out-of-town family coming in.  You know what that means - more cake!

My eight-year-old son asked if he could help make it.  I let him crack the eggs and add the oil and water.

"Can I eat the flour?" he asked.

"No, Bubba.  That would taste pretty awful."

"But I want to try it."

"No, Bubba."

I turned around to get a spoon.  Not even a second later, my son had flour all over the front of his shirt.

"Bubba," I said.  "You ate the flour, didn't you?"

He gave me one of his guilty looks.  "But it was so good, Mama! Can have some more?"

I shook my head.  "No, Bubba.  No more flour."

"What about in my lunch next week? Can you make me a flour sandwich?"

Yeah, right. (He sure is persistent, isn't he?)

  

21 comments:

  1. Flour? That child has unusual taste buds.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOL* What a weird child! Adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute child! Persistent and innovative too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's got a mind of his own. I'd watch that one, he might be a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say the apple doesn't fall from the tree. LOL :)
    Now make Bubba his flour sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, what are you trying to say? LOL! I'll be right on that sandwich making thing.

      Delete
  6. Him and Schultz like just about anything it seems haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, what a silly young man he is. A flour sandwich. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly not something I would've thought of!

      Delete
  8. hehe, what an unusual taste.. very powdery sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm curious to how it tastes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shall we all try tasting flour to check our taste buds?

    Cute son!

    ReplyDelete